Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any? The 1" eye to replace the factory bumper hooks. Anybody make them identical to the factory hook and installs like factory but has a 1" eye for a d-ring instead?

I want to keep the front bumper for now and would need to have a d-ring for use during double-line winching from a front receiver hitch.

·
The Bad Guy
23,178 Posts
There aren't any that bolt on for the factory bumper.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strange someone has not made them. It would be so easy just to continue the factory steel hook all they way around into a loop to accomodate a d-ring.
I am sure plenty of JK owners with the factory hooks would be interested.
It just seems like a "no-brainer" because of the added safety it would provide in vehicle recovery.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Do D-rings on the bumper rattle obnoxiously while driving? I heard that the other day and was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny. Thanks

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did buy a Curt front reciever hitch.
I also bought a Warn M8000 and the Warn Multi-Mount Carrier receiver.
But I would need the D-ring loop/eye for double-line winching back to the bumper with a snatch block.
That way I can reduce the load on the receiver hitch and spread some of the load to the bumper. Especially while doing off-angle winching on a reciever hitch winch.
The straight-line pull rating on the hitch is #9000lbs.
I should be safe on straight pulls without a snatch block as far as the load on the hitch. But I am more concerned about off-angle winching and the side load pressure on the receiver hitch and straight pulls that may require a snatch. In which case I would then want to use a snatch block back to the bumper to reduce the straight pull load being generated to ONLY the receiver hitch.
I would not feel safe hooking the cable back to the bumper on the factory hook , for fear of it coming loose.

Thanks for all the great input so far.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
If you can't find what your looking for then, you could consider adding gussets to the hitch to strengthen it. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would hook it to the hook. Obviously something called a hook can be hooked to. Are you worried it will somehow slip off the hook?
Yes
You know Murphy? From Murphy's Law?
The guy follows me around 24/7. If it can happen, it will happen.
Don't want to be sitting in the drivers seat when the cable and d-ring come through the windshield.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you can't find what your looking for then, you could consider adding gussets to the hitch to strengthen it. Just a thought.
I agree, that is a good thought.
I would be limited to welding to the hitch only.
I wonder if that would be enough?
I do not want to "tamper" too much with the Lifetime Warranty I purchased from Chrysler.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Megafriday said:
Do D-rings on the bumper rattle obnoxiously while driving? I heard that the other day and was wondering if anyone could confirm or deny. Thanks
They make rubber inserts to keep them from rattleing around.

image-1289630498.jpg

EDIT: they come in various colors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts