Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
41 - 60 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
haha, yeah the weather has been nuts lately.
30's one day (which is really cold for us southerners) and record breaking highs the next. :crazy:
Yeah we really cranked up the heat here today, it's 45.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The third brake light was bothering me the way it stuck up over the oversized tire.
I mean it looked good, nice and tight, but I was worried if I ever wanted to haul anything large/long that would need to hang out the rear window, the brake light would be in the way.

So I got rid of it today and installed the leds that go behind the spokes of the tire.
Kit available here...
Jeep Wrangler (YJ,TJ,JK,JKU) Original LIGHT DISC- Fully Wired - W/Drok Converter

And pic installed...

Also got the front Mopar slush mats.
Not that we get slush here, but I always liked the way rubber mats are easy to clean.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Great looking Jeep there man.

Question for ya: I just pulled the trigger on the Pio 8200NEX and I am going to copy your phone mount strategy. It looks like you ran the USB from the HU to the cigarette lighter replacement and then up to the phone mount. So the question is, would you consider or recommend running it directly from the HU to the phone mount. I am having mine installed this Monday and need to give them my preferences.

From what I see from Proclip you can order a direct wire or charge via the cigarette lighter but the latter doesn't have a direct connection to the HU.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Great looking Jeep there man.

Question for ya: I just pulled the trigger on the Pio 8200NEX and I am going to copy your phone mount strategy. It looks like you ran the USB from the HU to the cigarette lighter replacement and then up to the phone mount. So the question is, would you consider or recommend running it directly from the HU to the phone mount. I am having mine installed this Monday and need to give them my preferences.

From what I see from Proclip you can order a direct wire or charge via the cigarette lighter but the latter doesn't have a direct connection to the HU.
Thanks!

When we installed the system I wasn't sure where I was going to put the phone. I hadn't found the Versa mount at that time. But you would need to find a place to stick the power source. The cigarette lighter location was very convenient and didn't require modification to the dash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This has gotta be one of my favorite Jeeps I've seen on the forum. Just letting you know and subbing for future updates. Keep it up!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
This has gotta be one of my favorite Jeeps I've seen on the forum. Just letting you know and subbing for future updates. Keep it up!
Wow, thanks! Much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
The more I see this one, the more I think about the red Willys sitting next to the white one I bought. I almost went with it but decided on the white. I would have been happy wither way I think.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Two updates this week...

1. The brake light. Been having a problem. It's now flashing rapidly when the brakes are applied and 3 of the LEDs are not working at all. I talked to the ebay seller and he says that he's seen some jeeps with this problem, it's a voltage spike. The solution is a converter. I did have to pay $15 for it including shipping, but he also sent me 10 new LEDs as well. Will report back on whether or not this fixes the problem.

As mentioned above by @ssinga, it is a lot of brake light which I like. :) If you are following me, you can't miss the fact that I stepped on the brakes. So hopefully this is an easy fix.

2. I got the M.O.R.E Dead Pedal... and love it! I thought it was weird that there was no flat area to rest your foot in the Jeep. Other than being weird, it didn't bother me... until I started taking longer trips, like an hour or more. Then I was getting pain in my ankle from my foot sitting at an odd angle. I installed the dead pedal and it's so good that I actually completely forget about it. It's so natural feeling. I highly recommend this inexpensive mod. :)

Mountain Off-Road DP0709DS Drivers Side Dead Pedal for 07-17 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with Automatic Transmission | Quadratec

·
Registered
926 Posts
Two updates this week...

1. The brake light. Been having a problem. It's now flashing rapidly when the brakes are applied and 3 of the LEDs are not working at all. I talked to the ebay seller and he says that he's seen some jeeps with this problem, it's a voltage spike. The solution is a converter. I did have to pay $15 for it including shipping, but he also sent me 10 new LEDs as well. Will report back on whether or not this fixes the problem.

As mentioned above by @ssinga, it is a lot of brake light which I like. :) If you are following me, you can't miss the fact that I stepped on the brakes. So hopefully this is an easy fix.

2. I got the M.O.R.E Dead Pedal... and love it! I thought it was weird that there was no flat area to rest your foot in the Jeep. Other than being weird, it didn't bother me... until I started taking longer trips, like an hour or more. Then I was getting pain in my ankle from my foot sitting at an odd angle. I installed the dead pedal and it's so good that I actually completely forget about it. It's so natural feeling. I highly recommend this inexpensive mod. :)

Mountain Off-Road DP0709DS Drivers Side Dead Pedal for 07-17 Jeep Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with Automatic Transmission | Quadratec

Been using that dead pedal since October. So much better on long drives!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
A few minor updates from the past few weeks.
Got a cargo net for the cargo area to help keep random items from rolling around like my bike helmet.

It's a cheapie from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G4TQKVI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

The upper d-rings are from GPCA.
https://gpca.us/shop/tie-down-d-rings-pack-of-6/

And then I finally had the front windows tinted to the max legal % here in Houston.
Still not quite as dark as the rears, but much closer.
A little hard to tell here with the reflections. I'll get a better pic another time.

I'll have a much more exciting update later this week. :)

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Tease image for the new mod.... and no it's not a Bestop. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Tease image for the new mod.... and no it's not a Bestop. ;)

Nice! Would love one, but BS is too much. Have a premium top now and a hard top.

Reactions: iNtErNeT_rYaN

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
A few minor updates from the past few weeks.

Got a cargo net for the cargo area to help keep random items from rolling around like my bike helmet.

It's a cheapie from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G4TQKVI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

The upper d-rings are from GPCA.

https://gpca.us/shop/tie-down-d-rings-pack-of-6/

And then I finally had the front windows tinted to the max legal % here in Houston.

Still not quite as dark as the rears, but much closer.

A little hard to tell here with the reflections. I'll get a better pic another time.

I'll have a much more exciting update later this week. :)

What size net?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Reactions: iNtErNeT_rYaN

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Spent a weekend on Lake Travis outside Austin, TX and made a point to head to Hidden Falls Adventure Park with the whole family, and a buddy jeeper visiting from Cali.

Here's me descending what I believe to be the "North Pole" trail rated a 3 out of 5.
This is my first Jeep and first time off-roading. Ever. When I pulled up to it (first pic below) I was like oh hellll no. LOL! But my buddy guided me down safely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aOcvs9JB-s

And some pics...

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
New project for this weekend. :D

41 - 60 of 173 Posts