Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, forgetting everything inside the housing, (Gears, Locker, axles, Etc) will the Jeep Part Number JEP68017174AD D44 Housing bolt into the same location as a direct drop in on a 2011 JKU Sport? As in will they match up with the current stock D30 control arms, track bar, shock and spring locations?

Link posted for reference.
Jeep Part 68017174AD - Dana 44 Front Axle Housing

I know I will get the the "Should have bought a Rubicon", or "Trade it for a Rubicon" but just humor me :)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Ok, forgetting everything inside the housing, (Gears, Locker, axles, Etc) will the Jeep Part Number JEP68017174AD D44 Housing bolt into the same location as a direct drop in on a 2011 JKU Sport? As in will they match up with the current stock D30 control arms, track bar, shock and spring locations?

Link posted for reference.
Jeep Part 68017174AD - Dana 44 Front Axle Housing

I know I will get the the "Should have bought a Rubicon", or "Trade it for a Rubicon" but just humor me :)
If you are just buying the just housing, listen to Jason at Krawl Off Road... Go for the Prorock D44. If you are putting in a complete Rubi axle with gears, locker and all; then just sleeve or truss the tubes and gusset the "c"s, and install some HD Ball joints. Cost wise, it is probably a toss up if buying new

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Heck, I think I know where there is a used PR44 for sale. 1500 miles or so...

Bottom line, there is other ways to go about this in the long run...

Let us know if we can help.

-Jason
how much is the used one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts