Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think all this nonsense about how weak the D35 is just plain silly. Weak axles shafts...Weak axle tubes...Weak ring and pinion...blah blah blah weak blah blah. You doubters are all going to be gobbling these bad boys up. Check out this R&P for a D35. I was working on a Rockwell build with 47's. I am going to keep my D35 and run 54's. :thumb::D

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Good luck with that

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
How big of a hammer will I need to lightly shoehorn that ring into the d35 housing?

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
191 Posts
Please explain I haven't had any problems with mine so far I have d35 with 35 inch tires and steel bead locks wanna go to 40's soon

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Please explain I haven't had any problems with mine so far I have d35 with 35 inch tires and steel bead locks wanna go to 40's soon
A d35 wont handle 40's neither will a d44, a d44 with chromolly shafts is pushing it

Did you buy it like that?
What engine do you have?

·
Registered
416 Posts
97GreenGiant said:
Explanation is you've never taken it off road.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Rockwell R&P = SEXY!!!

Nice. I guarantee you'll have people believing those really ARE for a D35! :rofl:

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cavediverjc said:
Rockwell R&P = SEXY!!!

Nice. I guarantee you'll have people believing those really ARE for a D35! :rofl:
They are actually steering gears for Caterpillar. :thumb:

I am working on a process to polish them.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
They are actually steering gears for Caterpillar. :thumb:

I am working on a process to polish them.
AHA!!! That would explain why there is no twist to the gears. I should have seen the difference... :banghead:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts