Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the series 4 carrier fit into a D44 non rubi, with a series 3 carrier 3.55. Im doing the swap soon but i do plan on regearing to 4.56 in the near future. I have also seen "thick gears" for this issue, wondering if
anyone has any input on those as well. Thanks in advance

·
Knows a couple things...
49,633 Posts
Series 3 and series 4 carriers? I have never heard that phrase used. Do you mean carriers for low and high ratios aka below and above the carrier ratio split? Exactly what are you trying to do? What ratio do you have now, is it 3.55, and what ratio are you wanting to install... 4.56? What is your front axle, a Dana 30? Is there a Rubicon Dana 44 axle somewhere anywhere in the mix?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, the series 3 and 4 are the low and high split, respectively. what im doing is my d35, 3.55 has a ton of gear noise and instead of throwing money at it i bought a d44 thats already a 3.55 to swap in. im doing a 4 inch sl and 33/12.50s very soon, putting the axle in at same time. when i have more $$$, i plan to go 4.56.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts