Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1994 yj with a 4.0 and 5spd, it's fun to drive, runs great (puts a Honda to shame every once in a while) and does okay off-road, I've. Recently been looking into way to get more flex, yet still have the same ride height, my search has led me to revolver shackles or z blocks, I'd like to do this to both the front and rear, In my mind, it seems z blocks could negatively impact daily driving, does anyone have any advice on this? Z block pairs are half as much as a pair of revolver shackles, the jeep already has a 4" skyjacker lift and 33 12.50 bfg MUDs (lockers, gear, 8.8, and other goodies are soon to come aswell)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Disconnect your sway bar if you want flex. Those z blocks and revolvers won't do anything if your sway bar is still connected.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
There's a reason why you don't see z-blocks or revolver shackles on any hardcore offroad YJ/CJ.
Let that sink in.

A good set of boomerang shackles, flexy leaf springs, long travel shocks, and proper bumpstops is all you need. Stay away from the gimmicks.
Also, get rid of your track bars. Throw them in the trash. And disconnect your sway bar when offroad.

·
Supporting Member
2,839 Posts
There's a reason why you don't see z-blocks or revolver shackles on any hardcore offroad YJ/CJ. Let that sink in. A good set of boomerang shackles, flexy leaf springs, long travel shocks, and proper bumpstops is all you need. Stay away from the gimmicks. Also, get rid of your track bars. Throw them in the trash. And disconnect your sway bar when offroad.
My buddy has has zboxes and revolvers on his Soa YJ with waggy 44's for about 10 years now with zero issues

·
Registered
521 Posts
I had revolvers in the front of the smurf when it was soa. Also buggy springs in the rear. It all worked out pretty well. The revolvers never performed like I'd liked them to. When I went soa I ditched them and the buggy springs and never looked back. Somewhere I have a nice flexy pic with both the buggy springs and revolvers. I'll have to dig it up.

·
Registered
521 Posts
ForumRunner_20140428_205445.jpg

ForumRunner_20140428_205459.jpg

ForumRunner_20140428_205507.jpg

The soa performed much better, but that ain't bad for sua!

Like others have said, track bars and sway bar are bad for flex, I ditched both and drove the smurf as pictured here daily. You get used to it. Some people don't like it. Ditching the track bars and having sway bar disconnects would be a good compromise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts