Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short my color matching hard top fell and has a crack in the rear driver corner of the hard top. Without seeing a pic of it the body shop said it would be at least $1000 to repair. They said$600-$800 to paint it and $200-$400 to repair the crack. I don't have a pic right now but it is horizontal across the left rear point between the side window and back window if that makes sense. Does this sound like a legit price? does anyone have any experience/suggestions?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Yeah... a repair on the should be spendy, regardless of color matching. I am actually surprised on the cost being more expensive to paint though. Is the crack not very big?

With paint you have to understand that they have to blend it with the original paint. Depending on how faded the original paint is... its a bit of a pain or else you can easily see the repaired area.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I dont have a clue of how expensive this should be but i would suggest driving it in person to a shop and getting a quote from various places

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The crack is horizontally on the lower left portion of the rear part of the hard top. it goes all the across the piece (3-6"?). I'll post a pic when I get home if I can.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
That sounds about right. Most of the cost is for paint. They are going to repaint the whole top because it is nearly impossible to match the paint on a single panel so you always go to the seam.

Just get the damage fixed. Sooner or later your will put a scratch on the paint anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts