Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock 2015 JKU Sport. 12,000 miles.

We spent a week in Death Valley and decided to take the "road" up to the racetrack to see the magic rocks. Everything went fine until I got a low tire pressure alarm on the way back. LR tire was loosing air fast. Changed it out - later found a 1" gash right in the middle of the tread. I was able to get a used tire at the Furnace Creek gas station so we'd at least have a spare.

Fast forward 2 weeks - now we're in Napa Valley. Head out Sunday morning to do a little wine tasting, the LP tire pressure alarm is on again, this time RR. Check it out and have a 1/8" piece of wire sticking out the side. Too close to the sidewall to be safe to run on the road, but I put a plug in it so at least I can get off the road if I have another flat.

Oh well, now I have an excuse to get new set of tires and wheels. What's the saying about every cloud having a silver lining? We're heading up to Oregon next week, I'm going to try and hold off buying until we get there to save on sales tax. Or maybe a set of Rubicon take offs? Anyone around Portland know of a set for sale?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
A new set of Rubicon take offs should run you about $1,000-$1,300 in new condition. I would go that route :beerdrinking:. Check craigslist for Rubicon tires/rims

1 - 3 of 3 Posts