Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havent posted here much, but I have some questions. I will start by saying that purchasing a Dana 44 etc is not practical for me.

So here is what I have. I am currently running 35s on a Dana 30 and am trying not to kill it as I dont have the money for a huge upgrade. I am beefing up the 30 as I go and currently have a JKS weld on steering stabilizer mount in place along with EVO C-gussets. I have the EVO magnum 44 sleeves and Artec truss on deck and waiting to go in (should be by the end of the month).

Took it to the dealership the other day and was told that my draglink is shot and needs replacement. For a mere $340 they would replace it for me. I told them no thanks and purchased the synergy drag link. I am going to do the flip. Here is my problem, I didnt get the front track-bar bracket to raise the track-bar (I have a JKS track-bar). I was told that I didnt need it because I already have the JKS on. The more I think about it, the less that makes sense since they do two different jobs. I would have to get rid of the JKS relocation mount.

My question is this, how important is the track-bar bracket (is it a necessity?)? If you have it or one like it, will it work with the Artec truss? Should I consider another brand than Synergy?

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
I don't know whos guiding your purchasing decisions but it sounds all screwed up...

you need to install either the sleeve or the truss. not both. they do the same thing. both is overkill.

the trackbar and drag link...

in order to flip the drag link. you need: 3" of bump stop, 4.5" of less bs and a minimum of 4" of suspension lift.

IN ORDER to flip the drag link, you must either raise the trackbar at the axle side with a bracket, which will move your swar bar links up 3" as well, or you must drop the trackbar on the frame side with a bracket.

if you do not do this, you are inviting terrible on road handling characteristics.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, idk about screwed up purchasing. I would rather have $160 worth of overkill than have to spend $3k or $4k on a new axle. I have about 3.5 inches of lift. Thanks for the advice on the bracket. I will order it tomorrow.

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
yeah, the bracket at the axle mount (raising the trackbar up 3") is the best way to go.

a lot of people get this bracket welded. mine is just bolted on very tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts