Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at building up a Dana 44 with truss. I found a housing for cheap and it already has Teraflex HD ball joints installed. I currently have a JKU Sahara with Dana 30 now. Can I move my axle hubs and knuckles from my 30 over to the Dana 44?

I do know the axle shafts are not the same but wasn't sure about the rest.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Yup doing the same thing I got a Rubicon housing with the gears and locker I install nitro sleeves gussets and a Artec truss found a set of brand new take out Rubicon axles and will use the knuckles and brakes off of my Dana 30.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice. thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the axle shafts I would need are 30 spline, correct?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I'd go with 30 spline since they are most common for the Rubicon dana44 housing and locker.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I guess I'd go with 30 spline since they are most common for the Rubicon dana44 housing and locker.
You have limited options with Rubicon housings for lockers, if you don't have a stock locker. I believe ARB makes one, but not for 30 spline shafts, but for 35 spline shafts.

If you have the stock locker, 30 spline, IIRC.

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts
You have limited options with Rubicon housings for lockers, if you don't have a stock locker. I believe ARB makes one, but not for 30 spline shafts, but for 35 spline shafts.

If you have the stock locker, 30 spline, IIRC.
And an Ox IIRC. I believe that's 35 as well.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I thought eaton made a 30 spline elocker for the rubicon housing?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, I'll look into lockers first but Id probably stick with 30 spline since I have stock axles available for a good price and I'm trying to keep the build cost down.

What else do I need to build this assembly? If I have the dana 44 rubi front housing, axle shafts, knuckles and hubs..... and then I choose a locker. what else do I need to complete the assembly?

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
OK, I'll look into lockers first but Id probably stick with 30 spline since I have stock axles available for a good price and I'm trying to keep the build cost down. What else do I need to build this assembly? If I have the dana 44 rubi front housing, axle shafts, knuckles and hubs..... and then I choose a locker. what else do I need to complete the assembly?
Master install kit will have all the bearings and shims. Ring and pinion to match the rear.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
The only aftermarket lockers I found that are compatible with the Rubi D44 are the ARB, Auburn, and OX. Factory Rubi E locker is more expensive then the other options.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts