Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem. More of a curiosity than anything. If I wanted to determin if an axle was a dana 35 or a dana 44 what would I look for on the axle to make this determination. I know that there would be a size difference but other than that are there any #s or marks or anything to make a positive ID. I know its kinda a stupid question but I was just curious.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Shape- a D35 is pretty oval looking while a D44 is more angular.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My buddy at DCX tells me that they've decided to not use any Dana 35's in JK's. All the original specs released said that tehy were going to use Dana 35's in base modles but that apparently has changed.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
My buddy at DCX tells me that they've decided to not use any Dana 35's in JK's. All the original specs released said that tehy were going to use Dana 35's in base modles but that apparently has changed.
Yeah, there was a point in production (Don't know the exact date) that they stopped using the 35 on the JK's. All new JK's produced and the 08 models should all have the 32 spline D44 out back.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
dangit why couldn't that have happened to the TJ's.
Because it's fun watching you all break them. Besides that I think Ford is in cahoots with Dana so that you all will buy up all of the 8.8's in the world. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts