Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Wrangler with a Dana 35 rear end. Today I called around to get some prices on having my axle seals and pinion seal replaced. One person told me it would cost an extra 180.00 if I had bolt in and not c clip axles. I haven't removed the cover to look since I'm still driving it around . When I looked at the axle housing ends I see four bolts. Do these just hold the brake backing plates in place or does this mean I have bolt in axles ? Are all stock Dana 35's axle c clips ? Why would bolt in axles cost more to remove ? Thanks

·
Registered
4,219 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Carnut_s said:
I have a 2000 Wrangler with a Dana 35 rear end. Today I called around to get some prices on having my axle seals and pinion seal replaced. One person told me it would cost an extra 180.00 if I had bolt in and not c clip axles. I haven't removed the cover to look since I'm still driving it around . When I looked at the axle housing ends I see four bolts. Do these just hold the brake backing plates in place or does this mean I have bolt in axles ? Are all stock Dana 35's axle c clips ? Why would bolt in axles cost more to remove ? Thanks
There is a Dana 35 and a Dana 35c...the c stands for c clip. I think they changed on the yj models. I also wanna say you have to watch out for the 35c with tapered tubes at the diff. Weaker and prone to bending. Not sure if they continued the taper on the tj's.

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
There is a Dana 35 and a Dana 35c...the c stands for c clip. I think they changed on the yj models. I also wanna say you have to watch out for the 35c with tapered tubes at the diff. Weaker and prone to bending. Not sure if they continued the taper on the tj's.
Actually the C in Dana 35C stands for custom because Chrysler finished the assemblies. They added their own stuff to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts