Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto part Vehicle Machine Wheel
D44

Rust Metal Auto part
D35

Is there anyway to make the d44 semi floating hub/rotor a complete free floating like the d35 shown underneath

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I am kinda confused at what exactly you are asking. Do you want to put a Dana35 rotor (which is a rear axle) on a Dana44 front axle?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I was clearly not paying attention the 2nd picture is a d30 front axle. The hub and rotor on the d44 are one making it a semi floating rotor but for this d44 to work i need to change it to a full floating rotor like the d30 so i was wondering if that's possible to convert it somehow

·
Administrator
12,630 Posts
I think in the long run it will be easier to just run lock hubs on the 44 you have... vs coming up with swap... however if the dana 30 outter part fit you might be able to use them.. but its big if...

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Pretty sure thats what you wanted. You can also get the high steer arms too as there flat top knuckles

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want to build and use the d44 but it wont work with that hub setup i don't think so my question was is there anyway to rebuild the d44 to make the hub match the d30 or rebuild to make it work on my 94 yj

1 - 8 of 8 Posts