Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to tear off the wires going to my front locker sensor. It is a Dana 44 and has a small harness without much wire on it. (see photo) My wires are torn off right at the connector.

I am trying to find a repair part to replace the connector with a new one. I was hoping to find a connector kit with some new wires to splice in. I have searched a lot and am coming up short finding the connector.

Anyone know where I might be able to find a replacement connector?

The connector has these numbers on it: 52772B8 on the inside and 52772C2 on the outside. The numbers do not pull up anything on Google.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no luck on stock connector

OK - I found a Mopar kit for the connector on the wiring harness side of the sensor, but not for the sensor connector that I tore off. I am sure someone probably sells it, but i cant find it.

I am going to cut the stock one off and wire in a Delphi weather pack instead. Nearly the same design but only costs $3.30.

Hopefully the wires broke clean and did not pull anything else apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
45 bucks for a whole new sensor. I personally would be inclined to go that way instead of screwing with trying to re-wire broken wires that may end up being to short.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not seen the sensor that cheap for a new one. I have access to a free used one (if we can find it) but I don't want to remove the carrier to install the sensor.

I will try soldering in the broken wires first and move to replacement of the sensor after that.

·
Registered
511 Posts
you dont have to remove the carrier. Thats just the plunger. It just screws out and you screw the new one in.

I just did a google search and a few places came up with the 50-60 price point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts