Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am in the process of swapping in a full width dana 44 and 60 in my 92. I can't get a straight answer on the web. I am not wanting to stretch the jeep so which SYE is the best, I have been talking to some people and its 50/50 whether people want the standard SYE or the extra 3 inches with the Mega short. Most people i talk to that are against it are worried about the strength of the mega short shaft. ultimately i would love to stretch the jeep for a longer wheel base but thats not it the plans yet.

any input is appreciated about the SYE or tips from the experienced ones who have done this

PS: if anyone has a passenger side 76-79 F250 Flat top Knuckle they would ship to me i am in the market for one. They are super hard to find around here.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Megashort will give you much better driveshaft angles. A Dana 60 pinion is long, so you will want the megashort.

The only downside to the Megashort is that you might have to do an electronic speedometer correction (you lose the speedometer gear with the Megashort). I use a Dakota Digital unit on mine. There are several other choices that do the same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts