Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot find any gaskets for new AEV Dana M210 & M220 diff covers. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I prefer Lubelocker but they don't make gaskets for M210 & M220.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Reuse the originals. I reused mine and i have no leaks.

Reactions: SteedGun

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, the factory gaskets were in good enough condition to reuse. That is news to me. I will probably have a tube of RTV on hand just in case. I really appreciate the information. Which diff covers did you buy?

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is another question. Please cross check my data. In reading my manual I show that the Dana 210 uses SAE 75W85 API GL5.

The Dana 220 uses the same SAE 75W85 API GL5??? Normally, the rear diff uses 75W140 API GL5. I need confirmation that both front (Dana M210) and rear (Dana 220) diffs use the same oil.

Help appreciated

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think they are supposed to be different and is you have the limited slip differential, there is an additive you are supposed to add as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
So, the factory gaskets were in good enough condition to reuse. That is news to me. I will probably have a tube of RTV on hand just in case. I really appreciate the information. Which diff covers did you buy?
Yes, the stock diff gaskets are good to reuse. They are metal with a rubber coating (i believe) so unless you ruin them they should be good.

Yes, same gesr oil front/rear. I used castrol synthetic from walmart.

I have the MotoBilt covers.

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Super helpful. :worthy:

Thanks, I honestly cannot remember what was factory on my JK when I did the diffs on that one.

Loving this new Jeep.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey given the differentials have a drain and fill plug, what is your reason to remove the cover?

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Hey given the differentials have a drain and fill plug, what is your reason to remove the cover?

Replace with thicker, better ones

·
Premium Member
788 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I put the AEVs on tonight. Last time I did diff covers my JK was lifted. It took me a few struggling minutes to realize that it works best when you jack up the Jeep a bit so you have clearance from the track bar both front and back. Now, I have steel bumpers so a slight lift was not tough. Careful if you have plastic bumpers. I will get a pick tomorrow of the diff covers. Also, I did reuse the factory seal which looked very good. I prefer purple punch for my diffs (Royal Purple 75W-90). I bought it from Amazon and saved some $$.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
AEV makes nice stuff. Recessed hardware and their oversized fill plug with the axle specific correct level pug is a winner IMO.
Maybe others have it as well but not that I've seen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts