Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey guys, so I've been planning a trip with the TacomaWorld guys (their local pages are infinitely more active than here lol). See details below.

Sunday 11/6 wheelin' trip to Nepaug State Forest. Looking like a potentially awesome turnout! As far as meeting location/time, it looks like there is a diner super close to the trail entrance (1/4mile ish) we can meet at. Depending on how far everyone is traveling to get here (I'm about 45min), and how long everyone wants to wheel, we can either meet at like 10am and pack lunch, or hit the trail around noon. I'm open to suggestions for timing.

As far as communication goes, I've never been on a large group trail ride, so I don't have a CB and don't plan on having one before Sunday. As long as the leader and someone in the middle and rear have radios (CB, 2-way, whatever) we should be alright I would think.

Here is a link to the trail map. Satan's Kingdom is supposed to be a pretty good ride, and has a badass name. The rest of the trails look great too and probably have plenty of little offshoots for us to try.
http://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/stateparks/maps/backpacking/NepaugCampSite2.pdf

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey guys, so I've been planning a trip with the TacomaWorld guys (their local pages are infinitely more active than here lol). See details below.

Sunday 11/6 wheelin' trip to Nepaug State Forest. Looking like a potentially awesome turnout! As far as meeting location/time, it looks like there is a diner super close to the trail entrance (1/4mile ish) we can meet at. Depending on how far everyone is traveling to get here (I'm about 45min), and how long everyone wants to wheel, we can either meet at like 10am and pack lunch, or hit the trail around noon. I'm open to suggestions for timing.

As far as communication goes, I've never been on a large group trail ride, so I don't have a CB and don't plan on having one before Sunday. As long as the leader and someone in the middle and rear have radios (CB, 2-way, whatever) we should be alright I would think.

Here is a link to the trail map. Satan's Kingdom is supposed to be a pretty good ride, and has a badass name. The rest of the trails look great too and probably have plenty of little offshoots for us to try.
That looks awesome i would love to go but i have plans this Sunday (with the wife).. take some pics and post them,we can make some plan to go later this month.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would be up for a trip too...I'm just across the Hudson in Orange Co., NY

·
Registered
75 Posts
had some fun today up mount beacon in NY about 40 min from danbury
Wish I knew someone was going to Mt. Beacon... drop me a line next time if you want company.

·
Registered
926 Posts

I may be up for this. Is this an ok place for a stock Willys jk?

·
Registered
336 Posts
I may be up for this. Is this an ok place for a stock Willys jk?

Yes definitely, you should join. I'm gonna post the link to the forum thread on tacomaworld tonight so that you can see the plans and the list of people going. It's gonna be about 10-12 rigs I believe. It will be easier for me to just post info there for everyone to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
926 Posts
Yes definitely, you should join. I'm gonna post the link to the forum thread on tacomaworld tonight so that you can see the plans and the list of people going. It's gonna be about 10-12 rigs I believe. It will be easier for me to just post info there for everyone to see

Lets meetup here and drive up. I'm over by west Redding

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wish I knew someone was going to Mt. Beacon... drop me a line next time if you want company.
if you PM me we are making plans to go on Sunday the 13th and we can switch numbers

went up yesterday and had a blast can't wait to get more people to go.. maybe we can find some new places to travel also

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Please post back a report of how it goes. I live 15mins from there and never thought to check that place out because I didn't think DEEP would allow you to drive it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Please post back a report of how it goes. I live 15mins from there and never thought to check that place out because I didn't think DEEP would allow you to drive it.

Didn't turn out so well.... we had about 6 jeeps and 7 Tacomas. After 2 hours of wheeling the forest rangers intercepted us and tried giving us all tickets for being off the main road. We got off with a warning, but I think only because we weren't actually off the "gravel roads" on the forest trail map and they were wrong. But they definitely don't want people off-roading in there and will give people tickets

·
Registered
51 Posts
Didn't turn out so well.... we had about 6 jeeps and 7 Tacomas. After 2 hours of wheeling the forest rangers intercepted us and tried giving us all tickets for being off the main road. We got off with a warning, but I think only because we weren't actually off the "gravel roads" on the forest trail map and they were wrong. But they definitely don't want people off-roading in there and will give people tickets

Sorry to hear you guys had a bad trip. I know mount beacon is not a approved trail also but the town doesn't really give anyone any issues from what I've been told.. are there any other places in CT that we can go ?

·
Registered
251 Posts

Where most likely just trying to chase you guys off. Its Deer season till the 15th

·
Registered
926 Posts
Any jeep clubs near Danbury and anybody affiliated with one?

None in the area, there have been a few posts about starting one. I think it would be great if we could all meet somewhere like the Sycamore once in a while.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Well let's see if there is some interest, I'd really like it if we could get a club started that is more local. Western Connecticut gets left out of so many things.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts