Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

danbury

6K views 67 replies 17 participants last post by  Dan_Z 
#1 ·
Anyone from danbury?

#9 ·
CCSU over here in Hard Hittin New Britain

#15 ·
Heard about one in Redding but have not been there.

#25 ·
Wish I knew someone was going to Mt. Beacon... drop me a line next time if you want company.

#18 ·
I'd like to go. Brand new Willys, don't really want to scratch it up though.

#21 ·
Hey guys, so I've been planning a trip with the TacomaWorld guys (their local pages are infinitely more active than here lol). See details below.

Sunday 11/6 wheelin' trip to Nepaug State Forest. Looking like a potentially awesome turnout! As far as meeting location/time, it looks like there is a diner super close to the trail entrance (1/4mile ish) we can meet at. Depending on how far everyone is traveling to get here (I'm about 45min), and how long everyone wants to wheel, we can either meet at like 10am and pack lunch, or hit the trail around noon. I'm open to suggestions for timing.

As far as communication goes, I've never been on a large group trail ride, so I don't have a CB and don't plan on having one before Sunday. As long as the leader and someone in the middle and rear have radios (CB, 2-way, whatever) we should be alright I would think.

Here is a link to the trail map. Satan's Kingdom is supposed to be a pretty good ride, and has a badass name. The rest of the trails look great too and probably have plenty of little offshoots for us to try.
http://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/stateparks/maps/backpacking/NepaugCampSite2.pdf

#33 ·
Didn't turn out so well.... we had about 6 jeeps and 7 Tacomas. After 2 hours of wheeling the forest rangers intercepted us and tried giving us all tickets for being off the main road. We got off with a warning, but I think only because we weren't actually off the "gravel roads" on the forest trail map and they were wrong. But they definitely don't want people off-roading in there and will give people tickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#38 ·
None in the area, there have been a few posts about starting one. I think it would be great if we could all meet somewhere like the Sycamore once in a while.

#40 ·
Well let's see if there is some interest, I'd really like it if we could get a club started that is more local. Western Connecticut gets left out of so many things.

#42 ·
Well that makes three of us. How about the Sycamore in Bethel sometime mid January? Bring the significant others?

#45 ·
Mine would but she would hate to be the only one.

#46 ·
I'm in Fairfield County also. Just got a JKU Rubicon with new 34" tires.

I don't have a winch yet, but have most of the other recovery gear.

If anyone is interested in a near-by or trip (Rausch Creek, etc) off-road, please PM me and I'll reply with my phone #.

Was thinking of trying Porter Rd tomorrow - before New Years festivities commence :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.