Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a two person Hobie Cat that is almost too much to lift comfortably with two people and a bear with one. I have looked at various trailers etc but feel there must be a hitch extender that would do the job.

I have to move it twice a year for three miles, so the investment in a real trailer doesn't make sense, and storage also an issue.

Are there any extenders that people have tried with kayacks etc that are rugged and give the support needed?

I've seen one where the tailgate is open, the Cat sits partially in the back of the Jeep with the rest on the extender. But it's home made.

I think it's easier to get the nose in the back and get it onto an extender than completely put it on the roll bars, but very open to suggestions!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
If it's literally just a twice a year trip, have you considered just renting a trailer? What would that cost, like 20 bucks for a couple of hours? That's 5 years worth of boat moving for $200.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, you are probably right. But I like the idea of going out there when I want to. Will probably get a kayak as well so gathering a few ideas. I liked the hitch extensions but there are quite a few of them and they all do something different.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts