Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - does anyone have the default settings for the BT field?

I was troubleshooting a bt/wifi issue and changed the settings.

My head unit can see my phone, but not the OBDLink LX I have. It sees it as available, but I can't select it to pair.

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Hi everyone - does anyone have the default settings for the BT field?

I was troubleshooting a bt/wifi issue and changed the settings.

My head unit can see my phone, but not the OBDLink LX I have. It sees it as available, but I can't select it to pair.

Thanks,
Jerry

That happens to me with the PX5 and the Vlink odb BT adapter. The little OBD indicator icon at the top of the screen is a dotted line. (I assume the dotted line indicates the adapter is there but not paired)

What I have to do is first "start Bluetooth" with an app called DEVICE INFO. Under the test section of the app there is a TEST Bluetooth option. Click on it and it will say "starting bluetooth". Give that a minute or so then you can kill the app. The odb adapter, at that point (for me anyway) is now online and can be used. The little obd icon at the top has even brightened up and changed to solid lines.

It's a bit of a pain in the ass, which is why I no longer use BT for the torque app that I run. Torque is set up to start automatically on start up and it was always a pain to get the BT up and running so now.

The torque (pro) app works with Dasaita and a usb connection which is what I use.... for torque anyway. The connection is immediate and rock solid. My BT connection is only used now for OBD Jscan which I don't use all the time.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ytheekshana.deviceinfo

The other thing you need to do is make sure your BT PIN number is set for 1234 and not 0000 (most obd adapters have a default pin as 1234)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information Bob. I never had an issue with my old Joying, but the Dasaita seems fussy.

What usb obd2 adapter do you use?

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Thanks for the information Bob. I never had an issue with my old Joying, but the Dasaita seems fussy.

What usb obd2 adapter do you use?

https://www.amazon.ca/ScanTool-425801-OBDLink-USB-Professional/dp/B005ZWM0R4

It's pretty big and hangs out a fair bit into the footwell so I also got a short obd extension cord which allows me to tuck it up under the dash.

No special settings on the dasaita needed. You just have to set up torque (pro) so that it knows you are connected via usb

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
https://www.amazon.ca/ScanTool-425801-OBDLink-USB-Professional/dp/B005ZWM0R4

It's pretty big and hangs out a fair bit into the footwell so I also got a short obd extension cord which allows me to tuck it up under the dash.

No special settings on the dasaita needed. You just have to set up torque (pro) so that it knows you are connected via usb
I saw this adapter on their website. I wasn't sure about it since it only states "Windows" and didn't know if the android apps would recognize the hardware. I remember you mentioning in the other thread that you had a Y adapter. I have an extension cable already so I think if I went this route, I'd be okay.

I have to say, the little hiccups I've had along the way have been made much more tolerable by Iris @ Dasaita. Considering the language and time zone differences, they've been fast & friendly. Iris sent me the link to the latest update, the setting I should have for BT and a link to the XDA thread where updates are shared (which I already found, but still good to know).

It isn't nearly as polished as a $3000 Sony/Kenwood/Whatever, but it does a heck of a lot for what I paid and I didn't pay an Insane amount. ;)

Thanks again, Bob.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
It isn't nearly as polished as a $3000 Sony/Kenwood/Whatever, but it does a heck of a lot for what I paid and I didn't pay an Insane amount. ;)

Thanks again, Bob.

Quite agree. In spite of that however, and bearing in mind I have had kenwood and pioneer in the jeep... I just love my Dasaita to death. Best interior mod I have ever done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sera a tutti, ho trovato questo forum cercando di risolvere un problema. Ho un dasaita px6 max10 e una obdlink lx ma non riesco ad accoppiarli. La password è già 1234 ma proprio non funziona, sapete perché?
in alternativa sapete se obdlink sx si può usare anche con il veicolo in moto e vedere i dati in tempo reale? Grazie mille

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
88,035 Posts
Sera a tutti, ho trovato questo forum cercando di risolvere un problema. Ho un dasaita px6 max10 e una obdlink lx ma non riesco ad accoppiarli. La password è già 1234 ma proprio non funziona, sapete perché?
in alternativa sapete se obdlink sx si può usare anche con il veicolo in moto e vedere i dati in tempo reale? Grazie mille
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts

The obdlink LX will not work with dasaita px6 max10

I have had good luck with the icar Vgate Version 4

The obdlink sx (usb) does work with dasaita to run Torque (pro). I have it and it works well. I have not tried it on other apps though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts