Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently installed the Dasaita 10.2 inch android head unit into my 2016 Jeep Wrangler. I have the upgraded alpine sound system and once I installed the unit... I lost the use of my subwoofer... Any idea to what a solution may be????

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’m not sure if the daisatas are like the seicane but did you swap the front and rear speakers on the wiring harness?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not not swapped the wires. Any reason to why that would work?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cannot hear the sub at all... My front speakers and bar speakers work but not the subwoofer

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have the alpine speaker upgrade in my 2015, and when I installed the Daisata last year the sound quality was horrible. The subwoofer didn't work in mine either. I uninstalled the unit and went back to the stock base radio. I now just use a $7 bluetooth adapter in the aux in port. I need to sell the Daisata to someone who doesn't have the alpine system.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I cannot hear the sub at all... My front speakers and bar speakers work but not the subwoofer

I believe the PAC unit will solve your issue. Trash the can bus adapter that came with the dasaita and install the pac. That's the word on the forum anyway.

BTW... are you running a soft top or hard top?

It makes a difference. When the jeep's can bus system senses the hard top is off, it it automatically readjusts the frequency cutoffs on your speakers throttles back the sub woofer output. Alpine designed the system this way to try and get the best audio with the hard top on or off.... which is great for the stock system but it al gets messed up when you start adding aftermarket equipment.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I have the alpine speaker upgrade in my 2015, and when I installed the Daisata last year the sound quality was horrible. The subwoofer didn't work in mine either. I uninstalled the unit and went back to the stock base radio. I now just use a $7 bluetooth adapter in the aux in port. I need to sell the Daisata to someone who doesn't have the alpine system.

Really? It's the Alpine which is the problem. The premium alpine amp isn't just an amp but also a sound processor which only accepts a left and right (rear) input and is totally controlled by can bus. You can get the sub it to work SOMEWHAT respectably with aftermarket headunits which are compatible with the idatalink maestro (or the pac in some circumstances), but you still have no true control over it.

I just got rid of the Alpine and replaced it with conventional amps.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the hard top. Ive been reading through the forum and found that the PAC is the way to go. My question is if I replace the factory amp and put an aftermarket amp with the stock alpine speakers, will the sub work? or how do I go about the wiring?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would it work if I wired the sub to the head unit itself? Would that cause any issues? I am also receiving a new wiring harness and will try it the way it is vs the rewire some have suggested.

Really? It's the Alpine which is the problem. The premium alpine amp isn't just an amp but also a sound processor which only accepts a left and right (rear) input and is totally controlled by can bus. You can get the sub it to work SOMEWHAT respectably with aftermarket headunits which are compatible with the idatalink maestro (or the pac in some circumstances), but you still have no true control over it.

I just got rid of the Alpine and replaced it with conventional amps.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Would it work if I wired the sub to the head unit itself? Would that cause any issues? I am also receiving a new wiring harness and will try it the way it is vs the rewire some have suggested.

You can't wire the sub directly to the head unit. It doesn't work that way.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Thats what I figured... Any idea what the difference is between the PAC module and the metra dash kits signal bypass???

The pac, among other things, allows you to still use the stock amp while the bypass kit completely bypasses the amp.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would the bypass interlink with the canbus adapter I have already? That way I do not lose my functions? or is it I have to choose one or the other?

The pac, among other things, allows you to still use the stock amp while the bypass kit completely bypasses the amp.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Would the bypass interlink with the canbus adapter I have already? That way I do not lose my functions? or is it I have to choose one or the other?

You're kind of going from the frying pan into the fire.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do here. I thought you were trying to get your subwoofer back. You can't do that with a metra bypass kit.

If you bypass the amp then you will have to install an aftermarket sub amp to get the sub to work again (the sub MUST have an amp in order to work).

I suggest you try and replace the existing can bus adapter with a PAC unit. It supports the sub.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have not not swapped the wires. Any reason to why that would work?

I believe with the Seicanes anyway the wiring in the harness needs to swap front and rear with the alpine system. I did that and everything worked. I have since added a pac and everything sounded better, but I left the speakers reversed. From what I have read you won’t hear your phone calls either unless you do this. I believe only for those of us with the Alpine system.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I believe with the Seicanes anyway the wiring in the harness needs to swap front and rear with the alpine system. I did that and everything worked. I have since added a pac and everything sounded better, but I left the speakers reversed. From what I have read you won’t hear your phone calls either unless you do this. I believe only for those of us with the Alpine system.

Yeah... the reversing front/rear wiring thing has to do with the bluetooth calls and nav announcements, but I don't think it has anything to do with the sub issue.

Buetooth (phone) and nav comes through the front speakers only on many aftermarket head units and not the rear but since only the rear speakers are connected on an alpine system install, bluetooth and nav doesn't get heard.

The music however gets delivered on both front and rear channels.

The PAC units as I recall did not support the sub a few years back , but since then they have done some firmware upgrading, they clearly state the sub is now supported.

From the testing after install instructions:

1.Turn the ignition on. The LED on the interface will turn on and the +12v accessory wire will turn on.
2.Turn on the radio and check balance and fade. Note: Factory amplified Systems will not fade as neither the aftermarket
radio, or the RP Advanced interface have the ability to control the amplifier’s fader.
3.Verify that the factory subwoofer (if present) is playing.
4.Verify that all SWC are functioning properly.
5.Turn off vehicle and remove key. RAP will be active and keep the radio on for 10 minutes or until the driver’s door is opened.
6.The LED and radio will turn off when RAP turns off or the driver’s door is opened.
PLEASE NOTE: If after installation, the text on the driver information center has changed to German, you will need to visit a dealer and change the vehicle’s country code to U.S.A.
Now there is a complication with the pac and fading. You will have no fading ability since the pac has no ability to control the fading of the actual amplifier.... but the sub SHOULD work.

I believe even forum member Mike-Mike went down this road successfully.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have installed both a Seicane Quad-Core and a Dasaita Octa-Core (HA2158-V840-8) in my 2015 with the Alpine system. I can assure everyone that the PAC is required if you want your system to hit hard with the sub. I installed the Dasaita earlier this year and it is plug and play with the included CANBUS and it sounds OK (if) you go into settings and check "without amplifier" (not a lot of bass from the sub). Of course everything depends on your source material, but my system sounds great with the PAC interface....it's a game changer. The Alpine upgrade is the best factory speaker/amp setup I've ever had in a new vehicle. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts