Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying two separate single- DIN stereo install kits, I've not been happy with either. Tried a cheap eBay kit and one from the local stereo shop and neither seem to fit tight and flush with the dash bezel.

Anyone have any kits that they've had good success with? Also, anyone else have problems with the dash bezel fitting a little loose at reinstallation? (I've got some gaps around climate control panel and at the top near the defroster register and small pad area)

·
Registered
981 Posts
Mine seems to fit pretty well, but it was in there when I bought the Jeep so no clue on where its from. I only changed the stereo. how about some pics of what you're working with to show those gaps.

·
Registered
61 Posts
After trying two separate single- DIN stereo install kits, I've not been happy with either. Tried a cheap eBay kit and one from the local stereo shop and neither seem to fit tight and flush with the dash bezel.

Anyone have any kits that they've had good success with? Also, anyone else have problems with the dash bezel fitting a little loose at reinstallation? (I've got some gaps around climate control panel and at the top near the defroster register and small pad area)
I have a slight gap on mine. If you can post some pics we can get an idea of how far off yours is and see if it is any worse than all the others. Also make sure your mounting bracket is not in upside down or backwards

·
Registered
245 Posts
When you put the dash bezel back in did you get the tabs aligned? If not you just bend them over and will have a gap. Mine was from Wal Mart and fit perfect. Good Luck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Make sure its not stuck in the hole still....if not, dealer is the only place I know of. Although I've not researched it much

1 - 6 of 6 Posts