Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely driving me up the wall and makes every single trip stressful. The brake light in the dash is almost always on at this point. Keeps beeping and stays on unless I lift up the e-brake right before it clicks and slam it back down. Then it'll come back if I hit a bump wrong and I'll have to slam it down again. Sometimes I'll drive 10-15 minutes no issue, but that's happening less. It's been getting progressively worse and needing more and more movement of the E brake handle.

- parking brake works fine
- Drums are clean
- adjusted at the star wheel
- did the forward/reverse dance to sync both sides
- adjusted at the nut where the cable splits

At wits end. Would there be a sensor somewhere along the line I replace? Really out of ideas.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
If it will go out by manipulating the e-brake lever, than it's most likely just the e-brake switch out of adjustment or faulty.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was leaning towards it being electrical, but had to go through the troubleshooting. Should be able to shoot over to advance/autozone and pick one up and swap it?

Edit: this what I'm looking for?
https://www.quadratec.com/products/55217_0007.htm

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
I believe the link you posted to is for the brake light switch and not the parking light switch, but before you buy anything, you might want to remove your console and take a look. It might be just loose or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts