Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just ordered 2 harnesses to repair my cluster on 99 wrangler , heard there are two wires that need to be twisted ? Also do I need to replace both connectors? Any insight would be helpful thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
What exactly are you repairing. If its the problem with the gauges acting funny, you don't need to replace the connectors. Just clean them carefully. They have a light plating on them that can be removed if you are too agressive. After cleaning, very slight bending to make sure they make a good connection and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sparky said:
What exactly are you repairing. If its the problem with the gauges acting funny, you don't need to replace the connectors. Just clean them carefully. They have a light plating on them that can be removed if you are too agressive. After cleaning, very slight bending to make sure they make a good connection and you will be good to go.

Did that yesterday and still died out , and just assumed that would replace connector , well you know what happens when you assume ,,,, I looked at it again today at work and pulled dash apart under cluster and omg what a mess and also the ground strap that is on the cluster housing I grabbed and other end wasn't connected so fixed that and the wiring and sill nothing very intermittent went to fuse box and what a mess again and the fuse spot for gauge cluster was totally loose so fixed that , and after 3+ hrs of fixing other peoples hack jobs it is fixed well for now lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts