Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the display with the odometer/temp be dimmed? That sucker is bright! Thought about puting a piece of that do it yourself tint on there but would like to be able to read it during the day.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes, the dimmer roller/inside light switch will dim the dash.

It also dims the display on the 730 if you have that set to automatic setting (thanks to whoever it was who posted that little nugget of info on here recently!)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes, the dimmer roller/inside light switch will dim the dash.

It also dims the display on the 730 if you have that set to automatic setting (thanks to whoever it was who posted that little nugget of info on here recently!)
But that only works when you have the dimmer switch in the second-to-highest position. Otherwise the 730 stays on the "daytime" setting. Took me the longest time to figure that one out.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Where do I turn the map lights on in my 2012?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm going to try that "second - to - highest" setting advice. It is ridiculous that the 730N stays on daytime mode at night. Hopefully that will do it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'm going to try that "second - to - highest" setting advice. It is ridiculous that the 730N stays on daytime mode at night. Hopefully that will do it.
Ameration, that's exactly what you need to do. I had the same issue and it works perfectly one click dinner than the max.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Cool. We were coming home a couple nights ago and my wife (it's really her Jeep) finally said to me how bright and annoying it is that it doesn't dim at night. I have it set to the "Automatic Adjust" so I just figured it was another "Chrysler thing".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts