Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to have the dash lights constantly illuminated?
I have an 09 Model

At the moment I turn the headlights on low beam to get this but would like a full time solution that is automatic.

It's impossible to see the dash without the backlight when I have sunglasses on and the hard top on.

And it's nearly impossible to drive in Australia without sunglasses :bop:

·
Registered
387 Posts
On the U.S. spec JK, this is accomplished by turning the dash brightness knob away from oneself (we drive on the other side, so it's on the left stalk's ring). You can't see the brightness change until it reaches the end 2 clicks. 1 click from the last turns on the full dash light. The last click turns on the dome lights as well (even with closed doors).

Conversely, turning the brightness knob towards oneself eventually will reach the final click where the dash is dark and the dome lights do not come on when doors are open. This mode is useful for PIs etc.

I, too, was too lazy to read the manual and found about it when my daughter drove the jeep and dome lights stopped working. Hmm, I thought. Ah-ha!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to have the headlights on (low beam) for the dash lights to come on at all.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I have to have the headlights on (low beam) for the dash lights to come on at all.
Me too.
Talking about the speedo & tach lights, not the LED readout.
It's hard to see how fast you're going due to the shadow from the dash across the dials.
Turning the stalk just makes the LED readout brighter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
change your sunglass to Polarized, problem solved.
I have polarized glasses.
the shadows cast on the dials makes it impossible to see them during the day.
Turning the dash lights on via the headlight stalk fixes this.

I think ill have to go the auto headlight route, having to constantly turn them on and off is frustrating and annoying, not to mention the constant bonging sound:censored:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts