Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My interior dash lights surge when I accelerate. Meaning they get brighter and dimmer, seemingly with the change in RPMs. Sometimes they will flicker independent of the RPMs. Ground issue? I've got a '08 JK Rubicon auto with about 92K miles. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Have a buddy follow you and see if the exterior lights are doing the same. Its almost gotta be an alternator or battery or a ground, or a combo of them. My first thought is on alternator regulator going bad maybe paired with weaker battery since the alt hasnt been doing its job right. Just a thought without being there. I would THINK you'd have more weirdness as far as a bad ground goes - check engine codes etc, but you never know. The flickering worries me and would lean me more towards ground. Start there first on the ground wires - it costs you almost nothing but a little time. Then go from there as far as alt check, battery check, etc. If you've ever been behind a GM or Honda with a regulator going out, they typically pulse independent of RPM and don't flicker.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts