Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the Super Chip to do an update on my speedo after installing larger tires. Worked easy.

The question I have, is there a way to have the dash lights on all the time without turning the head lights, running light or fog lights on? Depending on the time of day, it is sometimes difficult to read the speedo. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I was able to set the fog lights to come on for a safer running light during day time travel. I didn't see any option for the dash lights. Maybe i missed something....

Jim

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Not being able to see the speedo or gauges, yes. Keeping the dash lights on all the time, no. Luckily, I have an Ultra Gauge that sits on the top of my dash over to the left and shows me the speed that I'm going. It shows me the engine temp also, which is good, because jeep cleverly hid that gauge right behind my steering wheel in the dark along with the fuel gauge on the other side.

If you do have the electronic dash option (there's a name for it but I've forgotten what it's called) then you could call up the digital speedometer on the green LED readout using the menu button on the steering wheel. That speedo shows up in the shadow cast by the dash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts