Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the name of the part below the speedometer where the factory fog light switch and rear window defrost switch is located? It's the flat black panel. I've searched Qtech and other sites, with no luck.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Go into the 91-93 parts catalog in my dropbox, pg 269 and 270. you will find what your looking for...

·
Registered
134 Posts
What is the name of the part below the speedometer where the factory fog light switch and rear window defrost switch is located? It's the flat black panel. I've searched Qtech and other sites, with no luck.
Send a pic of what you are looking for, I have two if we are talking about the same part

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
If the metal part is ok, maybe you can strip that plastic piece off and replace it?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The whole piece is plastic. Maybe that's because it did not come with any factory switches and was just a blank bezel.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Gottagofast
I had actually been thinking of getting a piece of aluminum and doing the same thing. The plastic might be easier to work and shape. Great idea.

By the way, I ran the numbers on the back. It's a switch housing and discontinued on every NOS site that I located.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
@Gotitlast
Thanks. I did not see the piece on the diagram.

Below is the piece. As you can see from the less than circular hole, it is brittle. So that is the piece I'm looking for.

That plastic bezel is 2 parts, the main part that screws to the dash and a plastic textured sticker that is attached to the front. The switches in that picture are just attached to the plastic sticker. You can cut the sticker out to the larger opening and run ARB style switches. I cut mine out and run 2 locker and 1 air compressor switches.

Reactions: 12b

·
Registered
908 Posts
I did the samething agalloch did.

You can find them on eBay search for YJ dash bezels or call Davey's Jeep, or Dead Jeeps, your local boneyard should have them also.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Jarhead, you better be getting ready for Class 5 Dorian instead of messing with the Jeep. Good Luck to you and all the Floridians in the next few days

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@agalloch07
I saw similar ones on Qtech, thanks. I think that will be my best bet. I know they illuminate when on, however, do any of those switches "glow" when off?
@12b
I live on the Gulf Coast and SHOULD be just outside the danger zone. Emphasis on SHOULD. I just got home from Lowe's with some PVC to make a homemade snorkel, in case it floods. Just kidding. Completely unrelated to Dorian, but we are headed to Maggie Valley on Tuesday, weather permitting.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
@agalloch07
I saw similar ones on Qtech, thanks. I think that will be my best bet. I know they illuminate when on, however, do any of those switches "glow" when off?

It depends on how you wire them. The way i wired mine there are lower lights that glow all the time and then when you turn them on the bigger upper light comes on.

·
Registered
908 Posts
but we are headed to Maggie Valley on Tuesday, weather permitting.
You won't be to far from my homestead I live near where GA, NC, And SC come together wave as you pass through the Upstate of South Carolina.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't drive through SC on my trip. I take 75 to Macon, pick up 129 to 441 to Franklin. This route takes about an hour more than going thru Atlanta. I hate driving thru Atlanta, it's full of @$$holes. That part of SC is beautiful, though. I can see why you would want to live there.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Well if you get lost and make it as far as Louisville hit me up n we'll grill some burgers!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts