Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems real hard to get to the front dash speakers. Any easy way to do this ?

·
Registered
665 Posts
The easiest way is really the hardiest, that is to remove the dash! Did mine just by reaching up under the dash, the nuts that hold the speakers are just finger tight in most cases and can be removed with your fingers or you can use a socket by hand. It should only take about an hour to replace both. To remove the dash so you can get to them easy will take you about an hour and a half to remove then replace your speakers then reinstall the dash. A little over three hours IF everything goes perfect!!!' so go cuss a little and skin up your hands a bit and have some time in the day left to wheel!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha. Yea I've cut them up a bit already. I had to mount my damn fog lights into the corner of the windshield frame and that was a bitch. I actually pulled the cluster out and did it that way. Figured doing the speakers wasn't going to be much easier. And it sucks not having front speakers. I think they just aren't plugged in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 99 wrangler and the easiest way to get to my speakers is to remove the 2 screws on the side of the speaker panel and pop it off.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have a 99 wrangler and the easiest way to get to my speakers is to remove the 2 screws on the side of the speaker panel and pop it off.
Sounds like a 99 has different dash than a 95. Mine had a lot more than 2 screw on the side to get to the speakers.

cb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts