Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st post here but have read a lot of threads. Jeep is a 2012 Wrangler Sahara. It's a Canadian model but that shouldn't change things. The left dash gage with the MPG, caution advisories, temperature, etc. is intermittent. It may or may not come on when starting and randomly will come on showing the readings. The back of the gage is buried deep under the dash and not readily accessible I suspect a loose connector but not sure where to look either under the dash or engine compartment. Any suggestions, Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I checked some youtube for dash removal so later today I'm going to remove the lower panel and maybe the top section to see what I can see. Hopefully I can trace to a connection in the engine compartment that I can clean and secure. We'll see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess no one here knows anything about Jeep wiring. I took some of the dash apart and unplugged and reseated the plug that sends the signals to the left dash gage. Since the gage was working there was no change. The wiring from the plug disappears into a wrapped harness and can't trace it under there. It's possible the wiring goes to a source in the engine compartment but without wiring diagrams it's difficult to tell. Of course taking it to a dealer would get the response of bring it in and we'l run some tests. The ECM is supposedly under the passenger side of the dash so I'll explore that and see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts