Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:Novice Here, I have been trying to find out why my 89wrangler base model has this dirty mayonaise crap in the hoses,oil is clean, no oil in radiator.Picked up a haynes manual so I could know what I'm looking at and what to do.1 of its numerous previous owners had a different motor put in, was a 2.5L carburated,now is 2.5L.TBI engine.Back to milky crap in hoses, after reading haynes and pcv and ccv stuff, I went to look at the condensation canister,guys IT ISN'T ANYWHERE TO BE FOUND, the bracket is there, can someone tell me whats up with that? Also on bottom of dash not quite center there is a red button with a black adjuster around it does anyone care to guess what that is for.The guy I bought it from said it was a primer for the old engine, nowhere in the 89 owners manual does it show this or in the haynes manual either. I havn't traced it to where it goes yet.If I sound really dumb it's because this is the first time I havn't just brought a vehical to the shop and paid to have it done, I want to know what makes this rig tick from the ground up.Thanks to all of you I'm finally doing it!!:thumb:

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
Sounds like moisture mixed with oil, maybe they didn't clean the hoses out when they did the swap? Are you sure they swapped the whole motor or just threw on the necessary parts to make it tbi

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
If the hoses are old replace them doesn't cost much take some with to the parts house to get right sizes. The canister is the charcoal tank which takes fumes from the gas tank and filters get one in the junkyard if you need it to pass an emissions check. If not you should still get one to get the thing to run the way it was designed. If you are carb'd your not the only one today with that knob it was a primer for the carb if you can believe it. They were hard starters.

All your question are great. This is how you llearn and there are some real experts out here so keep posting and when you get some time post a pic or two of your new rig!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts