Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I traced the red button with the black adjuster ring around it to the front axle shift motor housing, what is its purpose??? It looks like it might be the wrong length it is looped around the axle shaft probally an extra 20" and held in place with some kind of stainless band clamps.I hope this will give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.Please keep all advice & suggestions comming for this NOVICE I'm lovin it.Thank All of you!!! Also the shift motor housing looks like it had some wires attached at one point but just the sensor? sticking out now,no wires attached.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
It was it called a Posi-Lock. It should come through the firewall left side and travel to front axle left to right and then replace the old CAD system. If there is excess looped it must be tough to use. I just put mine in the other night. Yes it should be clamped or attached some where but my instructions said to wrap it in some heater hose to prevent chaffing and that was all. Post a pic I am sure there is a solution.

·
Registered
458 Posts
89quest said:
:confused:I traced the red button with the black adjuster ring around it to the front axle shift motor housing, what is its purpose??? It looks like it might be the wrong length it is looped around the axle shaft probally an extra 20" and held in place with some kind of stainless band clamps.I hope this will give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.Please keep all advice & suggestions comming for this NOVICE I'm lovin it.Thank All of you!!! Also the shift motor housing looks like it had some wires attached at one point but just the sensor? sticking out now,no wires attached.
It's probably a setup for your front axle actuator. After putting your transfer case in 4x4, you hit the button to engage your front axle. The cable is probably a little long, nothing to worry about, as long as its engaging. The wires that attached, were for your 4x4 light in your dash. It comes in when you engage 4x4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts