Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First of all let me start out with saying my Wrangler (2012 Flame Red Sport S package) is used for day driving and is my only vehicle and also that i'm a complete noob when it comes to Jeeps and off road packages. Currently I have stock everything (17 X 7.5 aluminum wheels and P255/75R17 OWL tires. I would like to upgrade the wheels and tires to something more like the BFG Mud Terrain KM2's or the Goodyear DuraTrack's to make it look a little less like a road jeep and more like an offroad, while maintaining functionality as an everyday vehicle. I would like to get it lifted, but after researching the threads, I think all I would need is something to give it a little more height, again to give it more of an offroad look. Would a leveling kit be more my speed? vs. having a lift kit installed? Also what would my limitations be as far as tire size (I'd prefer bigger, knobbier tires than what i currently have), and since I have the Sport S package already, and it seems to have some lift from stock, how much more would a standard leveling kit, such as the teraflex give me? I've read and read numerous threads but just haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. Any of you guys have a setup on your wrangler that is similar to what i've described? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

PS Pics would be awesome!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I would go no bigger then 33's for tires, they will save you gas for your DD an give it a good stance. Also if you don't off-road I would stick to an all terrain tire(the DuraTracs would be fine). A leveling kit would also be a good idea if you aren't putting on aftermarket bumpers or a winch. If you feel you would like a lift go no more then 2.5" it'll save you money an also I would recommend a budget boost if you are just lookin to get bigger tires/better stance

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks OffRoadCam09! I am considering the teraflex budget boost also 2.5" would be plenty i'm sure. I"d like bigger tires/stance but whats the biggest tires the 2.5" lift would accomodate?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
They can fit 35's an even 37's with flat fenders. I'm not sure if the budget boost will go up to 37's but you should be able to fit 35's fine. You will have to get new wheels with 4.5" back spacing or less also or you will have to get spacers not to rub

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Also if you want to run 35's you will have to regear an possibly have to replace both driveshafts in time. Bigger tires=more money to keep everything working correctly lol. I have a 2013 sport an ill be putting on 33x12.50x15 tires an 15x8 wheels. Will also be adding the teraflex 2.5" suspension lift once I get the money for it. That's really all I plan to go because the jeep will be capable enough to off road for me an won't break my bank at the gas pump

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ahh cool man thanks. 35's sound like a good choice for me then. so for a 17" aftermarket rim with 4.5" backspacing, what tire specs would give me 35" I'm confused with that conversion. I still like the BFG MudTerrain KM2's

**EDIT **just saw ur last post, must have been typing it as i was typing my reply. so 35s would require a regear? and driveshafts? damn. that sounds pricey. you have any links to pics with 33's and the 2.5" lift?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Umm I'd have to look it up but that combo would work fine since you have the 4.5" of back space on your wheels. Also that's gonna be pretty pricey the larger the wheel the more the tires cost. You could probably buy a set of 35's an 15" wheels for the price of just 35's not including your 17" wheels. But try looking up a 315/70/17 something like that will be close to 35's

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Do a search on here for teraflex leveling kit with 33's that'll be a good way to see some pics and if I find any good links with an actually 2.5 lift an 33's ill post as well

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again man. Would love to see a pic of a Jeep with the 35's/15" wheels and the 2.5" lift. Anyone have a link?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is my Jeep the day after i bought it. It has a black soft top now as I asked for that when i bought it. My goal is to raise it up a little higher and get some cooler looking wheels/tires

1 - 10 of 10 Posts