Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need to replace the isolators on my jeep and am hoping this will take care some of the road vibrations coming into the cab. These(Daystar 3/4 comfort ride spacer) say they can be used with the existing isolators or in place of and being a little thicker i thought they may help better to quiet things down.....Does anybody have any experience with these?? and being a 3/4 inch spacer do you see any concern with adding them with the stock length shocks(rancho 5000x) which were just installed? I appreciate any feedback

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
They'll work fine for a little lift but don't be expecting any reduction in noise or ride improvement

As for shock length... it all depends on length... if your shocks are currently the perfect length then they'll be 3/4" short after install...

Pretty simple, measure your frame height over the axle and jack up the jeep by the frame to measure sag... if you get 4" now then you're golden and every inch less you're getting further into your ride quality

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do isolators in general help with the noise at all ?

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Technically yes but VERY little and the factory rubber one would do more than any thickness of poly spacer.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you..appreciate all the info...I wished I had waited on the shock purchase but I will measure it up this weekend and if 3/4 works it will be better than nothing.I never wanted a big lift but just looking to hit that sweet spot and still keep the ride nice.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
I'd not expect a typical spacer to change anything to do with ride comfort. What I would expect of a polyurethane spacer or bushing is the likelihood of squeaks/groans.

·
Registered
764 Posts
True, but if the OP has factory springs that are sagging, then the 3/4" lift will take him back up to factory ride height - that may be how Daystar came up with the idea for their comfort ride name

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Do isolators in general help with the noise at all ?
I doubt it. For well over a year on my daily, I had a 1" aluminum spacer without the factory isolator on the rear. Metal on metal on metal. I couldn't tell a difference in the ride. Recently I shed a bunch of weight that resulted in needing to reduce the spacer to restore the previous ride height. I put the factory isolator back back with a thin poly spacer. I still couldn't tell a difference going back to rubber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts