Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else have an issue w/ the Daystar Switch console switch panel popping loose at the top corner? I did not break the retainer removing it from the OEM panel. And I did install it as per directions and pushed the corners in until they were as flush as possible. They just seem (mostly the passenger side) to work themselves loose.
Any thoughts?

Sorry... it is the Daystar Switch Panel not the rugged Ridge

Mods could you change the title please?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Common issue with those, mine did it as well made a little mod to it stays now...

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Common issue with those, mine did it as well made a little mod to it stays now...
Would you mind sharing your mod? Pic would be great :)

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
They all do it. It's a pretty terrible design. I use some rtv to keep it secured. 100% removable

·
Registered
907 Posts
This is what I did holds good . Got them at Ace Hardware.

image-651714218.jpg

image-2034427350.jpg

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny thing is that this pic is from the Extreme Terrain web site... look at the 3M tape in the upper right corner...

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
I have the Daystar...had the same problem...had to really JAM that corner up in there and it finally popped into place. I hit it all the time shifting from 4LO back to 2WD and it has yet to pop out. NOTE...had to shove it so hard it was about to break.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Nice timing on the thread, I just put mine in last week and noticed the same thing today.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have the Daystar switch panel, the same one you're talking about, but mine fit perfectly and no problems. I have removed it several times to add new switches and it always pops back stays perfectly.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had one side that didnt sit flush- I ended up swapping out the little goodies on the original until I got one that held it in place - no issues now

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got mine to stay put. I pulled the OEM panel from my attic and tried a different little red clip. It did the trick. The 1st one must have been faulty.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
0 problems with mine and been on for years now.

Thanks for sharing.
It seems that it's the newer version (for the newer JK's) w/ the 5 switches that are the problem. I don't think I've read of any issues w/ the 4 switch plates.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I have the daystar too and did not have that issue until i added the 5th switch so i figured it was all the wiring that was affecting it. Ill have to try some of these recommendations.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts