Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the daystar hood vents for my 2004 jeep wrangler lj. I was wonder when you out these on, do you have to yak the cloth insulation out from under the hood for these hood vents to work. I posted pictures to show y'all what they look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just looked these up on amazon and from the reviews it seems like they are functional as well. Can you snap a few close up pics and maybe the instructions, i want to know more about them.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I am wondering how a heavy rain would affect having these. I would be worried about alit of water getting in the engine bay

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Water in the engine bay is not going to hurt a thing.

Those vents only put three small holes in the hood and they are on the sides so they are not going to get on anything anyway (nor let out much heat)

·
Registered
348 Posts
There is a detailed thread on them i just found. Looks easy and functional. Now just find a competitive price.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
If you want take the insulation out or just cut it when the vents are if required.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have them installed on my 97 TJ. It was an easy job if you have the correct tools. A good sharp metal whole saw and drill. And the do work, sitting at a red light you can see the heat rising from the vents.

I had no issue's with rain or car wash water entering the engine compartment.
Even if it did happen, Its in an area that wouldn't cause much of a issue.

Ken

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e317/1970pelle/DSCN5369_zps762c61a2.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts