Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find out if anyone has found DOT approved daytime LED running lights for the JKU. If yes, What make and model? Where to install them? What do you think of them etc.

I am looking for those daytime lights that some sedans have these days, like Lexus or Mercedes etc.

Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jkucod12 said:
Use your fog light.... change the bulb to LED's... done.
Thanks for the idea, but the fog lights only turn on then the head lights are on. Sure, I could rewire them and use a different switch, but I still want to keep the fog lights too.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Oracle makes halo running lights for JK headlights. They're about 170 for headlights only. Keep in mind the only street legal colors are white and amber.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The Delta headlights have an extra bulb built into them that can be used for a daytime running light but it is not LED.

Also, it sounds like you are looking for a row of white LED lights, kind of like Audi. Haven't seen anything like this for a Jeep but if you come up with something that looks cool, be sure to post your results.

The round lights are such a trademark that a circle of white LED's around each headlight might look cool but I just don't see any room for installation.

·
Registered
547 Posts
joeuncool said:
The Delta headlights have an extra bulb built into them that can be used for a daytime running light but it is not LED.

Also, it sounds like you are looking for a row of white LED lights, kind of like Audi. Haven't seen anything like this for a Jeep but if you come up with something that looks cool, be sure to post your results.

The round lights are such a trademark that a circle of white LED's around each headlight might look cool but I just don't see any room for installation.
As I said, Oracle makes and LED circle frame running light that you can install. You have to bake the headlight, take the lens off, attach it then rename to seal the lens again. If you google it they look really nice. I've considered it but I don't like the idea of baking my headlight and getting moisture. However, I saw on Morris 4x4 they sell a headlight with the oracle halo already installed. If I didn't already install HIDs I would definitely go for them

·
Registered
414 Posts
As I said, Oracle makes and LED circle frame running light that you can install. You have to bake the headlight, take the lens off, attach it then rename to seal the lens again. If you google it they look really nice. I've considered it but I don't like the idea of baking my headlight and getting moisture. However, I saw on Morris 4x4 they sell a headlight with the oracle halo already installed. If I didn't already install HIDs I would definitely go for them
Holy .... uh... crap that is cooh. Thanks for thumping my melon on that one. Hello!?!?! McFly!?!?! Some of it can be expensive though.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Moose5 said:
Steffen has Truck lite led headlights like I do, so I think he's thinking something that mounts elsewhere. Where...I don't know. Cool idea though

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just please for the love of god, don't get some cheap strip of led lights you get at a local custom shop and just shove them somewhere and then drive around a few months later with half the lights not working. It makes me cry when I see people drive around with such poor quality "home made" DRLs

·
Registered
694 Posts
No such thing as DOT Approved. Only DOT compliant. If you put LED bulbs in your fog lights, you can use the AEV procal to send 6 volts to them to use as DRL's. Or you can use your headlights as DRL's with 6v.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Get a Procal.....

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Get a procal and run your signals as DRL, that's what I do and I love it.
Get a Procal.....
+1

I turned on my turn signals as DTRL using the ProCal and I like the look. It also helps stand out and be more visible for automobiles turning on to roads from perpendicular streets. It reminds me of my Corvette DTRLs. They're not "pretty" like luxury LEDs, but they look nice and work.

·
Registered
37 Posts
+1

I turned on my turn signals as DTRL using the ProCal and I like the look. It also helps stand out and be more visible for automobiles turning on to roads from perpendicular streets. It reminds me of my Corvette DTRLs. They're not "pretty" like luxury LEDs, but they look nice and work.
I just got a Procal and I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my turn signals.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I got my ProCal shortly after my 2013 arrived and I have been running with the turn signals as running lights for a while. One of the nice features about using the ProCal to do this is the running lights do not turn on until after you put the Jeep in gear. If you are just sitting somewhere in park the lights are not on!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Steffen1601 said:
I am trying to find out if anyone has found DOT approved daytime LED running lights for the JKU. If yes, What make and model? Where to install them? What do you think of them etc.

I am looking for those daytime lights that some sedans have these days, like Lexus or Mercedes etc.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Steffen, I met a company at SEMA that I can get LED daytime lights from. I sent them an email today.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'd actually like to figure out how to dim my Dually's to use as running lights and then un-dim them when I needed to use them. Any easy way to set up a low and high beam on Dually's?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts