Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Bazinga!
1,180 Posts
They were not on mine.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
^ There's a fuse or relay (I forget which) underhood already wired for them. Talk to your dealer about getting them switched on- we had a guy do this at my dealership when I was at CDJ- Mark W.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I read on another forum that you can turn it on by programming the daytime running lights "on", with the AEV Procal

·
Registered
234 Posts
Why would you want to have lights on in the daytime?
My insurance company told me they offered a discount for vehicles with the Daytime Running Lights feature.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
^ It's MAYBE a couple bucks a year- I'd find out how much before you authorize any service work. Get a quote from insurance, and one from service- Mark W.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: You can get an AEV Procal Module and doit yourself--$140 bucks and also change your tires/correct speedo/change axle gear ratio for shift points and MORE !!

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
936 Posts
I hate cars with those dame drls. It produces unnecessary glare and is a distraction. If somebody can't see something as big as a car or truck.....or Jeep....I really don't think that having your lights on in the daytime is gonna save me from them.

·
Bazinga!
1,180 Posts
Why would you want to have lights on in the daytime?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's a conspiracy, the headlight companies want to sell more bulbs.

·
Registered
58 Posts
After 4 years and 65,000 miles, my dlr's on my Impala never burned out. When I was in drivers ed I was told that dlr's were supposed to improve your visibility and therefore reduce the possibility of collisions by 20%. That's the logic behind motorcycles built since the 70's having their headlights hardwired on. Something about the lights jumping out at you.

Terry

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
JIMBOX said:
:)--YUP, thats a fact !!

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO
What about the flashpaq, can it do it too?

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
After 4 years and 65,000 miles, my dlr's on my Impala never burned out. When I was in drivers ed I was told that dlr's were supposed to improve your visibility and therefore reduce the possibility of collisions by 20%. That's the logic behind motorcycles built since the 70's having their headlights hardwired on. Something about the lights jumping out at you.

Terry
50% of all statistics are made up 65% of the time. The 2 cars I had previous to my Wrangler and DRL and auto-on lights. It was convenient in a purely lazt way, to never have to touch the lights. I don't miss any of the little conveniences in my Wrangler.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts