Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got this Jeep a few months ago, but am just now getting around to putting together a build thread. I've already made a few mods and will probably post them over the next week or so. My vision is an expedition/overlanding vehicle. Something I can take anywhere and everywhere for camping, climbing, biking, etc. but also use as a daily driver. I expect it to be a long project, but for now, let's start from the beginning.

2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (nearly base model)
- 6-speed manual transmission
- 3.71 gear ratio
- Satellite radio
- Leather wrapped steering wheel

First picture after driving it home

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First few "mods" were quick and easy.

Removed the spare tire cover.

Removed Sport/Unlimited stickers. This was actually very easy. I just used my fingernail. I've read a lot of people needing to use a hairdryer and credit card, but mine was pretty quick. Maybe because I had just driven it off the lot. I don't know.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
As with any addiction, they all start out with the first step and last for years. Have fun with your build.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next mod was a replacement antenna. It was between the 24" and the 13" but I felt like the 13" was a little too short for my liking. I think this size turned out pretty well.

AntennaX 24" antenna

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next up is a new set of wheels/tires. I chose 16" Pro Comp 7069s and 33" BFG KO2s. I went with 33s because I'd prefer not to need to lift the Jeep and I'm still going to be using this as a daily driver.

Pro Comp Series 7069

BFG KO2 285/75R16

This is going to be a nice upgrade.

All packed up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm very happy with how this turned out. I was a little worried they might be a little big without a lift, but I think they look perfect. The ride isn't much worse either. At least it's not as much of a difference as I thought it would have been.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Added a set of front Grabars. These are great, very sturdy. I got them mostly for my girlfriend. She has a little trouble getting in. But now I'm using them every time I get in too.

Also, does anyone know if they sell grips without "grabars.com" on the side?

Grabars

Installation was very straight forward. There was one hiccup. When removing the existing side bolts, they can pretty easily fall behind the paneling. So be careful.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is by far the greatest "Mod" I've ever seen! :thumb: Great looking Jeep too!
Thanks! This might be my favorite so far.

Like the wheel andntire combo.
Wow, what a difference some wheels/tires make :thumb: Good job!
I was originally going to get Duratracs but 4WheelParts had them backordered for weeks so I went with the BFGs. I'm actually glad I did. I think I like this combo a little better. And it really does make a huge difference compared to the original setup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts