Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone DD their JK 100 miles/day? I communte 46 miles from my driveway to the parking lot of my job. I work 4 days on, 2 off. Does anyone on here have a similar commute? Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm close - it's 35 miles each way for me. I take back roads to work (nice leisurely drive - not much traffic), but the expressway home.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I did a 76 mile one way drive to work for about 6 months. Then I moved a little closer, but still 62 miles one way to work. Put 25k miles on my JKU the first year I had it.

But then I got my Ford Focus hatchback fixed in Feb of this year and that is now my DD. Have only put on about 1100 miles on my Jeep since Feb.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I drive 62 mile each way.....so 124 miles total.

I tried the gas saving import for awhile and yeah save money on gas BUT hated that car....getting in and out of it.....can't take the top off.....SO now drive the JKU full time and dont regret it one bit....would rather spend more on gas and drive something I love and enjoying!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have another car, so I don't drive the JKU everyday - but when I do it is about 110 miles. The other car - CLK 350 Convertible - gets a little better mpg, is more comfortable, faster on the curvy roads where I live, and handles much better - but I still love to drive the jeep just as much if not more. Especially with the shade top installed.

·
Registered
801 Posts
My daily commute is 54 miles round trip. It is my after work and weekend driving that is a lot more. Two kids in select soccer keeps me driving, a lot. I am averaging about 540 miles a week.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I drive 62 mile each way.....so 124 miles total.

I tried the gas saving import for awhile and yeah save money on gas BUT hated that car....getting in and out of it.....can't take the top off.....SO now drive the JKU full time and dont regret it one bit....would rather spend more on gas and drive something I love and enjoying!
I feel you on that! I miss driving my Jeep, but my Focus is still fun to drive. It's a 5 speed, 2 door hatchback, with a short throw shifter, cold air intake, long tube header, 2.5" Borla exhaust, lowered 1.5", throttle body, and underdrive pulleys... so for me, I don't mind it as my DD

·
Registered
737 Posts
Does anyone DD their JK 100 miles/day? I communte 46 miles from my driveway to the parking lot of my job. I work 4 days on, 2 off. Does anyone on here have a similar commute? Thanks
I drive between 80-100 per day, depending on the day. I've tried the gas savers and hated them, so if I have to spend this much time on the road, I want to love what I am driving. I've put 4k miles on my JKU COD in the past 6 weeks and I am averaging 18 mpg (blended driving, including stop-n-go during rush hour).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I drive between 80-100 per day, depending on the day. I've tried the gas savers and hated them, so if I have to spend this much time on the road, I want to love what I am driving. I've put 4k miles on my JKU COD in the past 6 weeks and I am averaging 18 mpg (blended driving, including stop-n-go during rush hour).
x2. I have never been happy with "settling" on a vehicle which I have done for many different reasons. Now that I have the jeep, I enjoy my long drives... even if I'm just going to work.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I drive 70 miles per day

I live 35 miles door to door away from where I work. I used to have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. It was a nice car ..got 36mpg regularly and if I was real easy I got 39mpg.

It sucked in the Wisconsin winters.

I drive 350 miles per week (17,500 per year). Figuring 22 mpg for the Jeep (yes I do get that) and 36 mpg for the Sonata I use 795 gallons/yr for the Jeep and 486 /yr for the Sonata.

Our gas is about $3.70 per gallon. I would have saved $1144 per year.

I am certainly not going to retire early on that even after 10 years. Plus there is no additional maintenance or tires and brakes or insurance. So its about a wash.

:wavey:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I put 23K on my Jeep in it's first year between work, family travel, and fun road trips. I can honestly say that it's the best 23K I've driven in any vehicle. It might not be the most fuel efficient, but it's the most fun.

My only worry is that I'll wear it out before it's time at this rate. Then again, I can do most maintenance myself, and if it comes down to it, hemi swap at 100+k for a new power plant and transmission could be in order if the body and frame are still good. I'm a bit concerned with how our 3.6's will hold up over time. I've never had a hood and engine are feel so warm after short trips. The extra performance and fuel efficiency has to have a downside somewhere.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I drive 105 round trip daily. I average 21.5-22 with a 2012 6 speed on a 2.5 AEV lift and 285 GYD tires. My entire commute is 100 on the highway at 65-75 and 5 miles on residential streets. I LOVE driving this thing!!!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Short commute to work, so I've been trying to make up for it on the weekends. But still, 1 month short of 1.5yrs and I just broke 8000 miles = 470/month = 15/day :hide:
The short trips are killer on the mpg's though. Gas gauge drops more in the first 10 seconds after a cold start than the entire trip!

·
Registered
58 Posts
400 to 600 miles a week. Use the jeep as my work vehicle. Most fun vehicle I have ever driven for work. Only down side is about 25000 miles a year adds up quickly.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I had a 60 mile round trip commute to work. Which is why I waited until I retired to buy my Jeep. I could not justify the gas expense. I drove Honda Civics which always got upper 30's but were not fun in any sense.

·
Registered
42 Posts
39.7 miles from the house to the office.

I was driving my 2010 Challenger SRT8 everyday. Um... yeah. Similar mileage to the jeep if I kept my foot out of it (which didn't happen often) but the jeep doesn't require premium gas.

So far the Jeep has been more fun to bring to work. If it EVER stops raining I can go back to using the Harley for my commute.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm at little over 100 miles a day also. Was kinda worried about how fast I am racking up miles but honestly bought it to drive and when I finally wear the engine out plan on doing diesel or hemi swap. Not to mention all my past cars have gotten well over 150k miles before any problems so I know I got a long while to go have a lot of faith in these wranglers when I see as many pre jks still on the road

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where' your other day?:whistling:

I work 4 on 2 off and then the cycle repeats. I do not have a JK yet but hopefully plan to purchase a used 2012 or newer in a couple of years. I live on a dirt road and my driveway is 2 tenths of a mile long. I travel about 5 miles of back dirt, gravel roads and the rest of my commute is a 2 lane state route which is hilly in sections. I need 4 wheel drive for the winters.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts