Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I drove my 2010 rubicon about 40 miles in blazing hot temperatures 95-100. It's the first heat of the year here in la. I also had the ac cranked the entire drive home 1.5 hrs.

This am when I went to start the jeep the battery was dead. I tried to crank it a few times but it just ticked. I double checked everything and I don't believe I left anything on or open.

I called aaa and the battery was almost dead so I purchased a new one. Immediately the car fired right up. The mechanic said I had the original battery so it was likely due - 4 yrs old...

Fast forward on the drive to work this am and I notice the "malfunction error" light is on.

I used the key in the ignition trick and found the following codes:

P0522
P0123
P0222
P0562

What does this all mean? Are these likely tied to the dead battery which I just replaced and the light will reset itself? I drove 1 hr this am and the light is still on.

Or is this a symptom of something larger? When would the light reset itself? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
42,610 Posts
IMO, they are most likely linked to the dead battery, it's too coincidental. The computers in out JKs are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations. When my battery was going dead, I started getting codes and my cooling fan would constantly run. It all went away with the new battery.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it is the battery how long after battery replacement would it take for the light to turn off??

·
Registered
62 Posts
After looking up the codes there is a good chance they are related to the battery. Have them cleared and they most likely will not return.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I left my battery disconnected for 30 minutes before I put in the new one and it cleared all the codes I had related to the slowly dying battery

·
Registered
265 Posts
When I bought my jku back in 2012 I changed out the stock batery within a few months before winter came. I had read they are very unreliable. I also wanted something heavy duty able to withstand extreme hot and cold. Lots of using the remote starter and radio and lights. I ended up with a sears diehard platiumn agm battery. I think it was worth it for peace of mind than worrying about how soon the mopar battery was gonna die.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
iBook it to the dealer. They cleared the codes and assured me it was all tied to the dead / dying stock battery.

Codes haven't come back!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Think this may be the same thing happening with my 2010 sport now. Original battery. Last couple of days (esp with it getting colder here in IL), it's a little sluggish firing over. Went outside tonight to let it run for a little bit and the orange engine light came on, and now staying on. I too tried the key trick but with no luck on producing any codes at all. I'm assumming it's the batt.. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow for a new one and to double check everything. I'll post my finding then. Nite all.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Think this may be the same thing happening with my 2010 sport now. Original battery. Last couple of days (esp with it getting colder here in IL), it's a little sluggish firing over. Went outside tonight to let it run for a little bit and the orange engine light came on, and now staying on. I too tried the key trick but with no luck on producing any codes at all. I'm assumming it's the batt.. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow for a new one and to double check everything. I'll post my finding then. Nite all.
If it's a 2010, you're about due for a battery. I would just go buy a battery and see if that's the problem. Why pay a dealer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts