Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the MORE dead pedal for my 2014 JK Sport. Product is well made and seems very sturdy. The installation was a breeze.
Then I go to use it. My foot does not even reach it even at the closest adjustment setting. I'm 5'0", so my seat is up almost as far as it goes. My feet dangle like a child...

My boyfriend had an idea of chopping the pedal off of the bracket, then re-welding it in a closer position on the bracket. Or, my solution was to uninstall and give it to him for his JK...

So, my question to you guys is, is there a dead pedal that can cater to short legs without straining to reach it? I'd really like to be able to use it when off roading for stability and for long road trips.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
There are a few quality products to choose from, and a few knock-offs of those products. This is the one I've had my eye on:

https://www.4wheelparts.com/Interio...tm_term=VigLink2&utm_content=8167018_textlink

^^ this one mounts in a different way.

You may be able to visualize where it mounts against the kick panel and gauge where you'd like your foot to rest (ideally) and see if it will reach your preferred position before spending $$.

·
Premium Member
7,469 Posts
My 5'-3/4" wife just puts a brick on the floor by her left foot and rests it on that. Her idea and she seems to like it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a few quality products to choose from, and a few knock-offs of those products. This is the one I've had my eye on:

https://www.4wheelparts.com/Interio...tm_term=VigLink2&utm_content=8167018_textlink

You may be able to visualize where it mounts against the kick panel and gauge where you'd like your foot to rest (ideally) and see if it will reach your preferred position before spending $$.
Thanks for the link, basicxj! That looks like it actually might work if it can slide closer to the seat! I may be able to drill out the slide track to have it angle up slightly, too!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 5'-3/4" wife just puts a brick on the floor by her left foot and rests it on that. Her idea and she seems to like it.
I drive with the doors off, with my luck I'd hit a bad pot hole and the brick will go flying right out the door and smash a windshield behind me!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Oh gosh, I was in the waiting room and one of the gals that factory ordered at the same time, she had to get peddle adjustments. I'll ask her what she had installed.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I have the M.O.R.E as well.
Isn't it at about the same level as the gas and brake pedals?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Not a good idea to place any loose objects on the floor where it can jam under your brake pedal or get stuck on the gas pedal.

How about screwing a piece of 2x4 on top of the dead pedal?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the M.O.R.E as well.
Isn't it at about the same level as the gas and brake pedals?
It is about the level of where the clutch would be, but my heel doesn't touch the floor when I try to reach for it, so instead of it being a relaxed position for my foot and leg, I have to consciously keep my foot pressed against it or it will not reach comfortably.
I'm short. I'm used to many things not reaching or working for me. I've learned to modify everything to fit my needs.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
It is about the level of where the clutch would be, but my heel doesn't touch the floor when I try to reach for it, so instead of it being a relaxed position for my foot and leg, I have to consciously keep my foot pressed against it or it will not reach comfortably.
I'm short. I'm used to many things not reaching or working for me. I've learned to modify everything to fit my needs.
Hmmmm... I wonder if you could get a block of foam, or wood and carve out a platform for your heel to rest on? Carve it so it blends smoothly into the floor. And then cover it in some matching carpet. Maybe it can even be shoved under the OEM carpet. :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I recently purchased the MORE dead pedal for my 2014 JK Sport. Product is well made and seems very sturdy. The installation was a breeze.
Then I go to use it. My foot does not even reach it even at the closest adjustment setting. I'm 5'0", so my seat is up almost as far as it goes. My feet dangle like a child...

My boyfriend had an idea of chopping the pedal off of the bracket, then re-welding it in a closer position on the bracket. Or, my solution was to uninstall and give it to him for his JK...

So, my question to you guys is, is there a dead pedal that can cater to short legs without straining to reach it? I'd really like to be able to use it when off roading for stability and for long road trips.
I bought the MORE dead pedals for my '15 and I feel for you. My wife can't reach hers and we have thought about routing out a 4x4 to fit the pedal and to extend it towards here and I may do that when summer is over and we can go outside and wheel again. My side (drivers) just feels wrong because the curve is up on the ball of my foot or toes instead of the arch. So the distance for my leg is alright but the angle it puts my foot at causes me problems. I asked them about a custom build and they said "we don't do custom". Not one of my better purchases.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Gone Fishin
403 Posts
I absolutely love the MORE dead pedal addition to my jeep but my GF doesn't even realize that it's there due to our difference in height. Even with the seat way forward she doesn't reach it.

I'm 5'12", she's 5'1".

Have thought about adding a block to the pedal but it would have to bolted on so there aren't any loose parts. And easy to install/uninstall. I'm the primary driver, about 90%, but like sharing the fun so would appreciate seeing what others have come up with to fit the longer and the shorter legs.

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
OK, I just went back and looked through the thread, she got peddle extenders, she's 4' 6.5".

Reactions: Ang

·
Registered
3,567 Posts

I had a M.O.R.E. knock-off installed and although it works fine I've always wanted it to be closer to the seat, I'm not so tall either.
I ordered the pedal in the link above and it arrived Friday. Installed today.
It looks to be adjustable to be approx 1.5" closer to the seat compared to the knock-off.
1st impression is that while I do like the design and idea, I don't think it will be as solid as the pedal I removed.
The powder coating on the back side welds was missing in a few spots, so I had to touch up the spots w some black touch up paint. Otherwise the fit and finish is very nice.
The pad on the pedal is also not rubber as in the pics on the link, it is now polished diamond plate.
After I drive with it for a bit I'll report back.
Oh, almost forgot, I don't think angling the pedal would be possible as the pedal attaches in a slotted groove, one could try though.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I had a M.O.R.E. knock-off installed and although it works fine I've always wanted it to be closer to the seat, I'm not so tall either.
I ordered the pedal in the link above and it arrived Friday. Installed today.
It looks to be adjustable to be approx 1.5" closer to the seat compared to the knock-off.
1st impression is that while I do like the design and idea, I don't think it will be as solid as the pedal I removed.
The powder coating on the back side welds was missing in a few spots, so I had to touch up the spots w some black touch up paint. Otherwise the fit and finish is very nice.
The pad on the pedal is also not rubber as in the pics on the link, it is now polished diamond plate.
After I drive with it for a bit I'll report back.
Oh, almost forgot, I don't think angling the pedal would be possible as the pedal attaches in a slotted groove, one could try though.
Any photos of the pedal installed? (still considering this one)

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts