Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know I kept my rims and tires from non tpms jeep and transferred to 2011 Jeep. The dealer transferred the TPMS sensors from original equipment tires into mine but cannot get the tire pressure light to go off. Can you guys tell me what to tell them on how to fix this. I have been at the dealer since 7:30am! JESUS!!!

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: Sorry, we can't really tell a dealers service dept-how to reflash the PCM/ECM-

If they can't correct the problem-get an AEV Procal Module ($150) or a superchip ($300) and cure that stupid system--FOREVER-- I know I did

Good luck

--JIMBO

·
Registered
936 Posts
I was under the assumption that the Jeep will automatically recognize the new sensors after driving with them for a while. Not so??

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
I was under the assumption that the Jeep will automatically recognize the new sensors after driving with them for a while. Not so??
Leave the dealer and take your Jeep home. Drive it for a few days and allow the TPS system to recognize and calibrate to your new tires. It will correct itself. I've changed tires and wheels 3x times this year and it has always corrected and calibrated itself to the new tires after a day or so of driving. This was on a 2010 JK though, not sure about the ones in older models if that's what you have.

DO NOT allow the dealer to inflate or deflate your tires to get the light to go off. Hopefully they are not attempting to do this.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:cool: I think that the '07/'08 xmitters were compatible, but then they changed for '09/'10, so it could be the source of the wheel xmitters !!

:rofl::rofl: JIMBO

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
I have '08 units on my '09 with no issues. What pressure are your tires at? Did you put a transmitter in the spare? Since you have a Rubicon, it will be expecting all the tires to be at 37 PSI as that is the stock recommended pressure. It may take up to 50 miles of driving for everything to sync up.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After dicking around with it while I sat at dealership from 7:30am to 3:00 pm the tech guy comes out and say's we found the problem. The left rear sensor is not transmitting. We have to order you a new one and you can bring it back. SInce I am channeling Gandhi I politely said Ok. Got in the Jeep drove a mile and the light went off. I thought to myself, I should call the dealer and tell them not to order the part.....but then after waiting 3 hours after they had swapped out the sensors and couldnt figure out why the light stayed on I said...nah F IT!!!! LOL THey are lucky that I am just happy to have a job so things like this arent pissing me off anymore. I ate up their free snacks and drink. Used the free wifi to get work done etc. I was probably the most efficient I have been in a long time!! LOL!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Dogzilla said:
I wonder why the technicians at the dealerships wouldn't know that??
Because they are underpaid monkeys.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
After dicking around with it while I sat at dealership from 7:30am to 3:00 pm the tech guy comes out and say's we found the problem. The left rear sensor is not transmitting. We have to order you a new one and you can bring it back. SInce I am channeling Gandhi I politely said Ok. Got in the Jeep drove a mile and the light went off. I thought to myself, I should call the dealer and tell them not to order the part.....but then after waiting 3 hours after they had swapped out the sensors and couldnt figure out why the light stayed on I said...nah F IT!!!! LOL THey are lucky that I am just happy to have a job so things like this arent pissing me off anymore. I ate up their free snacks and drink. Used the free wifi to get work done etc. I was probably the most efficient I have been in a long time!! LOL!

Since you have wifi there next time just have them read our answers in the thread.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts