Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local dealer installed my AEV 3.5 lift. I'm happy with it but the front is a tad low. Does anyone think I can "sneak" a 1" spacer up front and ask for free alignment when I take it in for the first oil change? I'm not sure what (if anything) a 1" spacer will do to the front geometry. Suggestions???

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've got a friend that knows far more about jeeps than me and he says you could do at least a 1/2 and maybe more if you have the right lift. I thought about it for my Tera flex lift. .... still might.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
A 3.5" AEV lift can generate as much as 4.5" of lift depending on the weight of your Jeep so leveling out the front end with a spacer will not introduce any more stress, premature wear of joints or damage to the driveshaft during flex than the lift alone can produce. I'm not sure what you by sneaking a 1" spacer, but I would not let anyone near my Jeeps suspension who could not detect a spacer on the coils.The biggest impact on the alignment is on the Caster angle which is not adjustable unless you added some adjustable control arms. Adding the arms is not bad idea for any kit over 3" anyway. You picked one of the best 4 lift kits in that lift range on the planet, particularly on the road, unless you have a lot extra weight on the front end, don't mess with it. Instead add a sandbag in the back. :D

·
Super Moderator
53,763 Posts
A 3.5" AEV lift can generate as much as 4.5" of lift depending on the weight of your Jeep so leveling out the front end with a spacer will not introduce any more stress, premature wear of joints or damage to the driveshaft during flex than the lift alone can produce. I'm not sure what you by sneaking a 1" spacer, but I would not let anyone near my Jeeps suspension who could not detect a spacer on the coils The biggest impact on the alignment is on the Caster angle which is not adjustable unless you added some adjustable control arms Adding the arms is not bad idea for any kit over 3" anyway. You picked one of the best 4 lift kits in that lift range on the planet, particularly on the road, unless you have a lot extra weight on the front end, don't mess with it. Instead add a sandbag in the back. :D
My only concern in bold

1 - 4 of 4 Posts