Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
didn't expect much per prior threads....went in with the 'dealer service recall' update on fender well/brake line remedy, asked about spare (chipped) key...."oh, that's $150 for the blank PLUS $100 to program it".....unless you have the 2 keys & can program per owner manual yourself.

Can't get 'em to budge off the high $$ for the blank. Did get a cut door key for $4 but it sets on the alarm. (08 Sahara)

Have vague plans to keep access key & locked box key somewhere on the rig, with the real spare in there....unless someone has a better idea.

Also, someone here said they had a source for usable chipped blanks I could program....

PM me if you have a deal on a couple spares. I don't work with ebay as I don't/won't EVER work with paypal for anything anytime.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link.

Have you used this source with no problems?

I'd order a spare or 2 right away if some Jeepster forum members here have had good results.

Please advise of any first-hand experience with this product.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh yeah, it's a scam

The Audi TT I just traded for my wrangler only had one key, the dealer wanted over $300 for a programmed spare.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Anybody know if they have one that will work on the 2011 Wrangler.
I asked them last month and they said they should have the 2011 keys in at the beginning of the year. The website still does not show them though. Hope they get them soon!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just got off phone with iKey site. They assure that the 'transponder Chrysler key' will work as programmed 3-button style as far as ignition function goes. Needs to be cut of course, and programmed. Big difference from $18 vs $110. We'll see.

·
Kansas Coyote
575 Posts
"oh, that's $150 for the blank PLUS $100 to program it"
Got my plain chipped key (no buttons) for $25.00 from the dealer. Took it to the hardware store to cut for $1.50. I could have took it back and let them program it for another $30.00. Your dealer guys must get paid more than mine! :D

·
Registered
802 Posts
I had mine done at a lock smith for $65, key and program...stay away from the dealers......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts