Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
A local dealer offers the next package for about $13000 (the numbers next to each item are the prices I found online)
mopar 2 inch lift kit with fox shocks $1500
bfg mud terrain km3 37x12.50r17 309*5= $1545
aev borah galaxy black 17x8.5 280*5= $1400
AEV snap speedo calibration $170
RSE JL power step rock rails $1799
mopar hd 3 piece spare tire carrier $636.99
So according to my calculations, they must be charging over $5000 in labor. Is that too much? Seems like it is too much. Should I buy the stock Rubicon and go somewhere else for a lift kit installation?
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Consider to do it yourself - you'll learn much more about how all the pieces and parts work.

Reactions: Zenman323

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
What is going to happen to all the factory parts and tires??? You're paying full price for everything so you should get them all. Not going to happen. $5K is way too high for a lift install. Do it yourself and with the $5K saved go get bumpers and winch, and still have money left.

Reactions: Zenman323

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Consider to do it yourself - you'll learn much more about how all the pieces and parts work.
What is going to happen to all the factory parts and tires??? You're paying full price for everything so you should get them all. Not going to happen. $5K is way too high for a lift install. Do it yourself and with the $5K saved go get bumpers and winch, and still have money left.
When you do it yourself, you will know more about your Jeep.
Everything they said ! if you have basic tools you should be able to install a lift in less than a day. That mod list for $13,000 is outrageously high.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi,
A local dealer offers the next package for about $13000 (the numbers next to each item are the prices I found online)
mopar 2 inch lift kit with fox shocks $1500
bfg mud terrain km3 37x12.50r17 309*5= $1545
aev borah galaxy black 17x8.5 280*5= $1400
AEV snap speedo calibration $170
RSE JL power step rock rails $1799
mopar hd 3 piece spare tire carrier $636.99
So according to my calculations, they must be charging over $5000 in labor. Is that too much? Seems like it is too much. Should I buy the stock Rubicon and go somewhere else for a lift kit installation?
Thank you!
Everything on here except the lift kit can be done in your garage with almost 0 experience. Tires and wheels can be bought and lugged on. SPeedo calibrator costs the same as the service, if you have bigger tires you'll want to own one. Power step rails bolt on, but you'll have to run a wire. Tire carrier bolts on.

Get a shop to do the lift, and do everything else yourself! You'll love knowing you put the jeep together.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Even the lift can be easily done in your garage or driveway. There are a million YouTube videos out there.

I had never done one before and my buddy and I did both his Jeep and mine in a garage with basic tools and these were full suspension MC Gamechanger lifts.

Only use the shop for an alignment after you are done.

Save the ridiculous labor costs and then when something does happen on a trail somewhere you will know exactly what to do.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Even the lift can be easily done in your garage or driveway. Save the ridiculous labor costs and then when something does happen on a trail somewhere you will know exactly what to do.
Generally I agree, there's basically no need to consider outside labor on anything here except for the lift, and then if you have tinkered with your car before you'd be fine. Personally the first Jeep I had I did everything but the suspension myself. This time we'll see after it gets here :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts