Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping for some great advice regarding my recent purchase. I sent an email to the salesperson with EXACTLY what I wanted. He came up with a price I was happy with, so I ordered it.

I just picked my jeep up on Saturday and realized they forgot to add the "connectivity group" as I requested (it was actually the very first thing listed as it is VERY important for me have what is included). I noticed this after signing the paperwork etc.

The salesman said he would look into how they can get it installed for me but are not sure if they can install everything like the factory can. He did also say "I assummed the package came with the nav system you chose".

I really don't know what my options are- can I demand to "return" my jeep and have them order me exactly what I requested? Is that at all possible?

It's been so disappointing to say the least and I have not enjoyed my jeep knowing I did not get what I asked for.

Does anyone have insight on how I should proceed?

Please help!

·
Premium Member
10,438 Posts
Geez.. that's a tough one because you took delivery. Did he ever send you an order confirmation? For your review?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually sat with the guy and went over line by line. He was the one who said the connectivity group came with the nav and I said nothing further because he would be the expert.

When I picked up the jeep he even said, let's setup your phone. Then said it was weird I did not have the steering wheel buttons. He was completely under the impression it did come with the nav.

I feel so helpless, almost as if it were my fault, but I can't settle for not having something I specified and was told I'd have.

·
Premium Member
10,438 Posts
I would go discuss with the general manager and see if they will compensate...

Too much money not to be happy..

Order another Jeep, tell them to take it back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would go discuss with the general manager and see if they will compensate...

Too much money not to be happy..

Order another Jeep, tell them to take it back.

I'll feel much better telling them that now, thank you. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a ludacris request.

I genuinely appreciate your response and feedback!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I actually sat with the guy and went over line by line. He was the one who said the connectivity group came with the nav and I said nothing further because he would be the expert. When I picked up the jeep he even said, let's setup your phone. Then said it was weird I did not have the steering wheel buttons. He was completely under the impression it did come with the nav. I feel so helpless, almost as if it were my fault, but I can't settle for not having something I specified and was told I'd have.
If you went over what you wanted and they messed it up, take it back and tell them you want what you asked for.

·
Premium Member
10,438 Posts
I'll feel much better telling them that now, thank you. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a ludacris request.

I genuinely appreciate your response and feedback!
I would be pissed. The sales geeks should know every inch of the vehicles they are selling, the options, colors, etc.. if not, I guess it's time they learn the hard way. Perhaps instead of reading magazines, they should read the Jeep product portfolio.

It amazes me we know more than most of the sales people and this is their profession.

Time to hold them accountable. I would.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would be pissed. The sales geeks should know every inch of the vehicles they are selling, the options, colors, etc.. if not, I guess it's time they learn the hard way. Perhaps instead of reading magazines, they should read the Jeep product portfolio.

It amazes me we know more than most of the sales people and this is their profession.

Time to hold them accountable. I would.

I completely agree. Just so disappointing this kind of thing happens... Especially to someone who just bought their "dream car". I should have known when he asked me what color "Anvil" was...

·
Premium Member
10,438 Posts
Just don't worry about it.. they'll probably try to get you to keep it. Play nice until you can't .. then play hard ball. Twice I've ditched an ordered vehicle.. one I took delivery. The other I left on the lot after a thorough inspection.

But this was back in the 70's.. now we have "no cooling off" laws.

In your case I would escalate right away.

Good luck and report back with results.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just don't worry about it.. they'll probably try to get you to keep it. Play nice until you can't .. then play hard ball. Twice I've ditched an ordered vehicle.. one I took delivery. They other I left on the lot after a thorough inspection.

But this was back in the 70's.. now we have "no cooling off" laws.

In your case I would escalate right away.

Good luck and report back with results.

The myth of "buyers remorse laws".. I'll look up salesman space cadet laws.

I'll certaily report back with the final outcome (hoping for a new order). I don't need them messing anything up while learning to install it and causing problems down the line.

·
Premium Member
17,002 Posts

When I go to a dealership, I generally know their product AND their inventory better than they do... It kind of disgusts me that they don't have more pride in what they do.

Take it back and tell them it isn't what you ordered and your salesman agreed that he made an assumption on the Nav and was wrong. They should take care of you.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Just keep after them. Picket the dealership if you have to but don't let them get away with it. That is a big chunk of cash for the average Joe to get bullied into taking something you don't want. When I got my 99 Dodge 2500 Ram the first one that came in was wrong, it didn't have the four wheel ABS and that was on the top of my list. They tried to get me to take it with a discount but I told them the ABS was non negotiable. They reordered the truck and I got what I wanted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When I go to a dealership, I generally know their product AND their inventory better than they do... It kind of disgusts me that they don't have more pride in what they do.

Take it back and tell them it isn't what you ordered and your salesman agreed that he made an assumption on the Nav and was wrong. They should take care of you.
I originally thought I would pay them to install what they could (to not get the guy in hot water) but it's now about principle. You said it.. They really don't have pride in what they do anymore. I hope to report back good news soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just keep after them. Picket the dealership if you have to but don't let them get away with it. That is a big chunk of cash for the average Joe to get bullied into taking something you don't want. When I got my 99 Dodge 2500 Ram the first one that came in was wrong, it didn't have the four wheel ABS and that was on the top of my list. They tried to get me to take it with a discount but I told them the ABS was non negotiable. They reordered the truck and I got what I wanted.
It defintely is a chunk of change. Especially when I let them sell me on the lifetime warranty (this being before I got in the jeep and thought they were all a bunch of nice guys). I'm hoping for a reorder too, and get the point across.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
If anything, trade it. Make them take it back and you agree to re-buy another Jeep exactly like the one you have plus the Connectivity group. Make sure they throw in some goodies for their mistake and your time and hassle!

·
Premium Member
10,438 Posts
It defintely is a chunk of change. Especially when I let them sell me on the lifetime warranty (this being before I got in the jeep and thought they were all a bunch of nice guys). I'm hoping for a reorder too, and get the point across.
You can get 100% back on the warranty within 30 to 60 days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If anything, trade it. Make them take it back and you agree to re-buy another Jeep exactly like the one you have plus the Connectivity group. Make sure they throw in some goodies for their mistake and your time and hassle!
I thought of that but wonder if they would de value it already. I also put a chunk down (6K) and would want that all back to use on a new one. lets hope this turns out being much easier than I am imagining it to be.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.