Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Looking to purchase a 2012 or 13 new JKU. I am centrally located between Milwaukee and Chicago. Do you have any recommendations of an outstanding dealer in that area?

Thanks

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hello,
Looking to purchase a 2012 or 13 new JKU. I am centrally located between Milwaukee and Chicago. Do you have any recommendations of an outstanding dealer in that area?

Thanks
Where are you? I am right in the middle of the two as well. I agree, Pat is the best to work with and most knowledgeable .

PM me and I can help guide you the the cheapest place (it's very close). I shopped about 200mi radius over a couple months. No other dealer even came reasonably close to the deal.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Nothing against Pat Fields, but I would highly recommend Benoy Motor's in Woodstock, IL. They have been very good to us over the last 14 years. We've purchased 3 vehicles from them and had 2 previous vehicles serviced there. The service guys are very reasonable and the sales guys are knowledgeable.

So if they are closer to you than Pat Field's and you want to give them a try I would talk to Brian in sales. The last two vehicles we purchased were through him.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Pat @ Fields.

He's a sponsoring vendor, and no one goes out of their way more here to educate people and give inside productions scoops.

There's a reason people fly in from other states to buy their Wrangler from him.

·
Registered
632 Posts
At the minimum, talk to Pat before you go anywhere else.

Ziegler in Downer Grove will give 2% under invoice even without a tread-lightly number.
Ziegler here in Grand Rapids are a buch of @&$&%#! Last year when shopping for my wife, I called them about a used vehicle they had advertised. Salesman told me they still had it. I told him I was driving two hours to look at it, with twin two-year-olds in the back seat. He assured me the vehicle was there. I called again when I was an hour away. He said he had the keys on his desk. When I got there, he said "oh shoot, we just sold it". There was no one else in the dealership at the time. No way they sold it and got the customer out the door in under an hour. He tried to sell me a different vehicle. I told him to go $&#@ himself. I was so pissed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ziegler here in Grand Rapids are a buch of @&$&%#! Last year when shopping for my wife, I called them about a used vehicle they had advertised. Salesman told me they still had it. I told him I was driving two hours to look at it, with twin two-year-olds in the back seat. He assured me the vehicle was there. I called again when I was an hour away. He said he had the keys on his desk. When I got there, he said "oh shoot, we just sold it". There was no one else in the dealership at the time. No way they sold it and got the customer out the door in under an hour. He tried to sell me a different vehicle. I told him to go $&#@ himself. I was so pissed.
Ziegler in Schaumburg is the same... Total bait and switch...

Went to Larry Rosch in Elmhurst... great experience.. no pressure.. everything was as described...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would go talk to Chris at Liberty auto city in libertyville. He is a good guy and the dealership is very competitive on prices. I know the owner there too Joe M great guy.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Barrington dodge.
Good people and great service dept
Been using them for years and never steered me wrong.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ziegler in Schaumburg is the same... Total bait and switch...

Went to Larry Rosch in Elmhurst... great experience.. no pressure.. everything was as described...
Are you kidding ?
They are across the street from my office. Biggest ripoff !!
They wanted exactly $ 6,000 more then what I paid for my Ruby at Sherman Dodge in Skokie.
Later on (because they are so close to my office) I went to their Service Dept. (which had no idea where I bough my Jeep) and asked them how much to install 2 inch AEV lift leveling kit.
They wanted $ 500 for it :eek:
Went to my mechanic in Munedelein, and guy did it for me for $ 200.
By the way, Sherman Dodge sold me mine for 3 % under Invoice.
I bet you, with Larry Rosch, you were not even close to invoice.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Are you kidding ?
They are across the street from my office. Biggest ripoff !!
They wanted exactly $ 6,000 more then what I paid for my Ruby at Sherman Dodge in Skokie.
Later on (because they are so close to my office) I went to their Service Dept. (which had no idea where I bough my Jeep) and asked them how much to install 2 inch AEV lift leveling kit.
They wanted $ 500 for it :eek:
Went to my mechanic in Munedelein, and guy did it for me for $ 200.
By the way, Sherman Dodge sold me mine for 3 % under Invoice.
I bet you, with Larry Rosch, you were not even close to invoice.
Who did you use in Mundelein?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Why do people make a big deal with 2% ?
That's like what . A whopping $500-$600 on a 30k jeep.
Well that "whopping" $ 600, you should add to difference between Manufacturer suggested price and Invoice price.
Usually this price vary. I think with my Ruby the difference was close to 4 K.
So I had that "whopping" 3 %, which was around 900 bucks in addition to (say) 3,600. At the end, $ 4,500 (below the sticker) didn't look that bad to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts