Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
I officially am never going to a Chrysler dealership again. After finally picking up my jeep today since I'm waiting to hear about the coverage still. I leave the dealership get on the freeway and my hood flies open. The idiots didn't close or latch my hood almost crashed the jeep.
I agree with your sentiment 100%. As Jeep owners we are at the mercy of derelict dealers that just don't care. However, everything the dealer does wrong now is to your advantage. The dealer is on a representative for Chrysler and everything you can do demonstrate they are incomplete builds your case for warranty service. The dealer Quality of Service survey new owners get from Chrylser should be after 1 year of ownership not 1 week.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I officially am never going to a Chrysler dealership again. After finally picking up my jeep today since I'm waiting to hear about the coverage still. I leave the dealership get on the freeway and my hood flies open. The idiots didn't close or latch my hood almost crashed the jeep.
I'm not saying that you're lying but how does the hood fly up there is a secondary latch that would hold the hood?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm not saying that you're lying but how does the hood fly up there is a secondary latch that would hold the hood?
That didn't catch I think they just let it down softly and it never caught I thought the same thing and I checked that and it works so I don't know how it did but it did.

·
Registered
357 Posts
In order for the repair to be denied it is on Chrysler to prove that the jeep was jumped or abused. The magnusson(sp) law states that. The burden of proof is not on you. Get a hold of Chrysler care and open a claim. If they deny it then lawyer up and let him fight the easy fight. While all of this is going on take your jeep to an alignment shop as stated previously. Also you will have a mark in the Chrysler computer system that your vehicle has been abused, FYI.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I am taking my jeep to the alignment shop today. Im confused about the "mark in the system". Does this mean that future warranty claims are going to be negatively biased and is this a thing that you have experience with because i purchased the lifetime warranty and if I'm going to have little to no success processing future warranty claims then Chrysler is running the biggest racket I've heard of. If a part is replaced to factory new and done by their mechanics why would i be held to a different level of scrutiny for future claims?

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am taking my jeep to the alignment shop today. Im confused about the "mark in the system". Does this mean that future warranty claims are going to be negatively biased and is this a thing that you have experience with because i purchased the lifetime warranty and if I'm going to have little to no success processing future warranty claims then Chrysler is running the biggest racket I've heard of. If a part is replaced to factory new and done by their mechanics why would i be held to a different level of scrutiny for future claims?
There is an in house term they use for vehicles with suspect failures. If they do not mark/label you another thing is to try another dealer but if they do that is where you will run into issues and time to lawyer up. Tell them you want a rental and let them try and figure out the issue.

·
Super Moderator
7,702 Posts
I'd go to another Jeep dealership, and see if your Jeep is "Marked." If it is call Jeep customer care and inform them or your issue and that you'll be hiring an attorney if needed. While you're at it I would also consult an independent shop and see if they'll put something in writing, [they might] stating your problem and if in their expert opinion the vehicle was "jumped", or "accidentally damaged during transit." Then lawyer up if needed. Good luck!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'd go to another Jeep dealership, and see if your Jeep is "Marked." If it is call Jeep customer care and inform them or your issue and that you'll be hiring an attorney if needed. While you're at it I would also consult an independent shop and see if they'll put something in writing, [they might] stating your problem and if in their expert opinion the vehicle was "jumped", or "accidentally damaged during transit." Then lawyer up if needed. Good luck!
Independent expert opinions are really far! GREAT RECOMMENDATION!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
ok finally made some progress with the issues. I took the jeep to a shop in yucaipa called jeep performance inc. I had stan drive the jeep and do an inspection. He noted that the axle housing was indeed bent. He also noted a ticking noise that seemed to align with their being an exhaust leak. He however said there was no sign of damage that would have resulted from jumping of the vehicle like the dealership used to deny the claim to fix the issue. He said its possible that the dealership who sold it had it come off the delivery truck incorrectly or during a test drive had hit a curb at a high rate of speed or any number of possibilities but it did not look to be from jumping. I called the dealership where i purchased the jeep and spoke with the general manager and explained the issues. He agreed that there was something wrong and due to the very low miles and the fact that there were some discrepancies with the mileage of the vehicle when i purchased it on the paperwork. the sales man put down only 28 miles and there were actually 72 miles on it gave the possibility of it being driven more than they claimed. He is looking into the service department at his dealership since he is unfamiliar with the technical side of things. Stan offered to replace with a more comprehensive axel housing for a price far below what the dealership wants for a stock dana 30 so the dealership is going to let me know in the morning what they are willing to do to fix the issue. Thank you every one for your knowledge and suggestions. I will update once i get an answer.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Like I said before, Dealerships are ruining the Jeep brand. What has happened to you is ridiculous, they should definitely fix it. Give me a break, just because a jeep can go off-road doesn't mean that it did. Honestly, I'd contact a lawyer, or paint the damn thing lemon yellow and park it in front of the dealership. There was a guy in my home town (Lafayette, IN) that did that and actually drove the car lot out of business, granted it was a used car lot, his car sat in on the property next too it for years and it hurt the dealership so bad it went out of business.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
not one picture = how can we determine if you have an axle, let alone a bent one? argh!
I guess your right. But even if I posted a picture of the axle how would you know it was my axle. Oh wait I could take a picture with me in it holding a copy of today's paper. But wait how would you know if that was me and not someone else. Oh I could take the picture holding my birth certificate....... I havnt posted pictures because in the event that I do need to seek legal help and for some reason a representative of the dealership were to be on here and say someone who says they are a certified mechanic were to look at the picture and make a claim that there looks like there is nothing wrong. Then that could be used in arbitration against me. I have not disclosed the dealership where I purchased so that I don't get sued for defamation or slander. I have a friend who was sued in civil court for this 2 years ago because of statements made about a dealership and even though he was right about issues he had he lost the lawsuit in civil court and had to pay a lot of money. Just remember just because you have the right to free speech doesn't mean others don't have the right to sue you for what you said.

·
Super Moderator
7,702 Posts
ok finally made some progress with the issues. I took the jeep to a shop in yucaipa called jeep performance inc. I had stan drive the jeep and do an inspection. He noted that the axle housing was indeed bent. He also noted a ticking noise that seemed to align with their being an exhaust leak. He however said there was no sign of damage that would have resulted from jumping of the vehicle like the dealership used to deny the claim to fix the issue. He said its possible that the dealership who sold it had it come off the delivery truck incorrectly or during a test drive had hit a curb at a high rate of speed or any number of possibilities but it did not look to be from jumping. I called the dealership where i purchased the jeep and spoke with the general manager and explained the issues. He agreed that there was something wrong and due to the very low miles and the fact that there were some discrepancies with the mileage of the vehicle when i purchased it on the paperwork. the sales man put down only 28 miles and there were actually 72 miles on it gave the possibility of it being driven more than they claimed. He is looking into the service department at his dealership since he is unfamiliar with the technical side of things. Stan offered to replace with a more comprehensive axel housing for a price far below what the dealership wants for a stock dana 30 so the dealership is going to let me know in the morning what they are willing to do to fix the issue. Thank you every one for your knowledge and suggestions. I will update once i get an answer.
That's good news, especially his comments about the damage not being caused by "jumping" your Jeep. If he puts it in writing you might be able to use it in court as testimony of an expert, along with the mileage screw up, and you simply stating you didn't jump the Jeep. I'd also mention the exhaust leak. If he would testify it would be even better. I have a feeling you'll get it fixed at zero cost to you.

I mentioned early on in this thread your Jeep could have been damaged in off loading it. I saw it happen the dealerships I worked at, and if the vehicle could be placed in inventory with no one telling anyone, that's exactly where it ended up, and it became someone else's problem later on. Good luck!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts